Hacking In need of a new flash card, requestion help/opinions!

Acester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all! So, I had a DS lite for the longest time and totally skipped the DSi. My DS lite is old, tired, and beat up so I bought the DSiXL yesterday, and I am loving it! But, I realize I am going to need a new flash card! Any recomendations? I've been looking at Acekard, and the R4i (but the support for that is gone apparantly? Officially at least), and I am just unsure which to get. The top top top priority is that it has high game comparability, and probably a good amount of support. Being able to play GBA games would be a big plus! (I miss slot-2..I often wonder how I will use the pal park in pokemon...if I emulated gba games in slot-1 somehow, would that be possible?)

Price range really isn't an issue, so I am looking for something that has (or can hold) a lot of space..
I had an M3 Simply and it served me well, but the interface sucked! Anything prettier?

And yeah, that's about it.. Please share your opinion! GO! lol

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Supercard DSTwo sounds like the best choice for you. Here's a ShopTemp link, you can see the list of features there. It's a new card and the firmware doesn't yet have all the features they're advertising. It does have GBA emulation, real-time save/guide/cheat and stuff like that. Missing the advertised SNES emu and DivX/Xvid video playback (I think) for now. Who knows how it'll turn out, but I think the Supercard team is reliable.

Acekard 2i is the cheaper alternative. Doesn't have any of those fancy features, just basic functionality. Good compatibility by using the unofficial firmware, AKAIO.
Acekard 2i @ ShopTemp

Both have a pretty interface. Both support SDHC cards.

Then there are other cards too, like Supercard DSONEi and M3i Zero.
Avoid R4 clones, those are generally not good.

Btw, if you still have your Lite and M3 Simply you could use Wood R4 on it since Simply is identical to the original R4. You get the pretty interface and near-perfect compatibility (or is it 100% at the moment?). Still won't work on the DSi though.

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If price isn't an issue, get a Supercard DSTWO. The GBA emulation isn't perfect, but it's expected to get better with some updates. Also has really nice features like in-game save.
Absolutely do NOT get an R4i or other R4 clone. They're terrible.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
SUPER-SUPER

SUPERCARD!!!!

laugh.gif

Daidude

Puzzled
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
R4i SDHC 1.4 is a good card with lots of support and works with DSi (XL) and is frequently updated but lacks in features.
frown.gif

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Daidude said:
R4i SDHC 1.4 is a good card with lots of support and works with DSi (XL) and is frequently updated but lacks in features.
frown.gif

SORRY PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST AS GBATEMP DO NOT OFFICALY SUPPORT FAKE/CLONE R4's!!!

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dter ic said:
Daidude said:
frown.gif

SORRY PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST AS GBATEMP DO NOT OFFICALY SUPPORT FAKE/CLONE R4's!!!

What gbatemp "supports" is up to what it's users have knowledge of and/or whether or not the users want to share that knowledge.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
Dter ic said:
Daidude said:
frown.gif

SORRY PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST AS GBATEMP SUPPORT FAKE/CLONE R4's!!!

What gbatemp "supports" is up to what it's users have knowledge of and/or whether or not the users want to share that knowledge.

mmm...

happy,
laugh.gif

ok yeh fine
closedeyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1