1. Peppe3

OP Peppe3 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I recently bought a doctor v64 from ebay that has version 1.52b, unfortunately the bios seems to have some faults as sometimes the buttons will do nothing except backing up a non-existent game. After looking around the internet i found what appeared to be the latest BIOS version (1.8b) but i can't download it since the links are basically dead and i can't find any downloadable rom file, if anyone has a doctor v64 with a BIOS that is at least higher than 1.52b, or if anyone can actually find this 1.8b BIOS, could someone send me the file so i could upgrade mine and fix the issue?

EDIT: it's all good, someone sent me the link to the latest bios file, thanks.

Last edited by Peppe3, Feb 24, 2021
  2. stikboy

stikboy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I can't seem to pm you. If you pm me I will give you the link.

Last edited by stikboy, Feb 24, 2021
  3. alexander1970

alexander1970 Jodelhoiti....

Austria
    Hello.:)

Maybe it is,but I am not sure,so if it is illegal,I remove the Link:
    http://n64.icequake.net/mirror/www.bung.com.hk/support/

Everything you need,I think.:)

4. Fabax01

Fabax01 GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Weren't the official BIOSes locked (no backup functionality)? So bung's website is piracy free, and not illegal (I guess.). If you want to use it as a backup loader you need ''biosen'' or the ''B'' patched BIOSes. Both can be found on the good old dex*. Problem is, that site (or the backup of it...) hosts cracks. For a dead console, sure. But I don't think it is linkable.

5. enarky

enarky owls?

Afghanistan
    I don't think anyone here cares about cracks. ROMs on the other hand... but dextrose never hosted ROMs, so everything should be fine. Link was posted already, btw, just to a different part of the mirror. http://n64.icequake.net/mirror/www.dextrose.com/files/n64/

alexander1970 likes this.
  6. Fabax01

Fabax01 GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Thought the same, but Terms say in fact that cracks are illegal to post here so who knows, played it safe.
    Anyway, icequake hosts only the files. The website is archived so if anybody wants to have a blast to the past (and have descriptions..). they can wayback it.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - doctor,