In Memory of Iwata – I've Got to Run: Complete Edition on sale for $0.10

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Ericzander, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Ericzander
    OP

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    Hey guys, today Syrenne, developer of 4 Corner Games decided to temporarily lower the price of two of his games; I’ve Got to Run! (Wii U) and I’ve Got to Run: Complete Edition! (3DS) to $0.01 and $0.10 respectively in North America.

I’ve Got to Run! Is, as the name implies, a game where you run… A lot. Oh, and you also jump. It is similar to the game Canabalt which popularized the genre and the Runner series that improved upon it greatly.

Now I’ve played I’ve Got to Run: Complete Edition because, why not? At only 10 cents I don’t have room to complain. And it’s… Well… Meh. I am not sure what the price was before this sale (if anybody knows, be sure to leave a comment). Really there’s nothing special about the game, and I unfortunately wouldn’t value it above 10 cents in the first place, but it’s essentially free on the Wii U, if you’re able to fork up a penny. What’s really special is the reasoning behind the sale.

From Miiverse:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkRXXPsEQ

As stated, the sale is until July 18th. Even if I don’t personally like the game, I appreciate the gesture and I believe Mr. Iwata would as well.

2. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Splatoon Fan

Jul 1, 2015
    Canada
    Thanks for the heads up, @Ericzander. I just downloaded the one for 3DS, but I tried searching the one for Wii U and I can't find it. Hmmm.

Edit: Never mind, I got it. I tried searching for it again on the Wii U eShop and it brought up the trailer. I navigated to show 'Software Information', and then I was able to download it from there. Weird.

Last edited by HaloEffect17, Jul 17, 2015
  3. VinsCool

VinsCool Comfortably Numb

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Wow! I instant buy, for support.

4. link6155

link6155 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Going to buy, good to see people doing things like this :)

5. Gettwobirdsstone

Gettwobirdsstone Triforce Guardian

Jul 1, 2012
    Canada
    Behind you breathing heavily
    the 3ds version is way more elaborate, additional characters to choose from, more modes, and also different views, "R" button changes to see from further back to see what's ahead, and you can change it to a diagonal behind side view, weird to put into words. The Wii U version is a simple game, three modes and one character, that's it. for a penny you can't go wrong. The 3DS version is the one to buy.

6. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    iwata is dead and still a racist...
    damn you, no europe, (or japan, but japan always get much more stuff than the EUR or US anyway)

4ur0r likes this.
  7. Ericzander
    OP

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    Ouch man. It wasn't Nintendo that made the game so cheap, it was the developer.

8. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    the developer is doing something "in memory of iwata"
    region bullshit apparantly is present on this memorial...
    not saying nintendo's or anyones fault
    i am saying this kind of thing (US ONLY) leaves a bad taste on the mouth....
    it's a really nice thing they decided to do but it has this spike that goes through your troat..

4ur0r likes this.
  9. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I bought both for support and honesly, it is cheap, so why not? Also, that's a pretty good 3d intro for a game like this.