Homebrew RELEASE In-Home-Switching: Stream your favorite PC-Games to your Nintendo Switch

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have good picture quality and a stable enough framerate, but the audio is so bad I mute it :/

Is this still being worked on, the latest commit was like over 2 weeks ago and it didn't even look like it changes the actual streaming part of the app.

Last edited by Monado_III,

Geekyrulez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
After trying the 0.2 app with Windows 10, I summarize my experience as follows:
1. Trying to start a game made the app on the switch disconnected momentarily when the display changed from the desktop to the game.
2. Disconnecting by switching (alt-tab) and clicking disconnect made the app unable to reconnect. I had to restart the desktop app many times. The ffmpeg was not present in the process list after closing the app.
3. The quality of the streaming was far below moonlight. At first I thought it was the switch display (HD) that sucks. Then I changed the game display to borderless so the game was present in its configured resolution. In practice, the games take a quarter of the display and I hoped for a better picture. Nope.
4. The game was outputted to 4K TV in 720p resolution (full screen) . The quality was still better than on switch.

My test configuration:
GTX 970
AC 1200 Network (2 meters from router and pc was connected by ethernet)
25 and 50 Mbits streaming
4K Tv

Is there any suggestions ? It will be much appreciated.
Anyone has idea on porting moonlight to Switch?

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any chance of this being able to stream switch to pc at any point, would be nice to be able to use the switch without a dock, especially considering there price, and the risk of 3rd party docks bricking systems.

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anybody know if there's a xinput value for double click? i'm using gopher360 to map my controls and i want a left mouse button click and a double left mouse button click mapped.

Stmcfl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posted issue on Github but will try here. Have a GTX 1060 6gb and everytime I run the windows program I get this. But on the GTX1060 the feature levels are supported so not to sure what to do.
SharpDX.SharpDXException: HRESULT: [0x887A0004], Module: [SharpDX.DXGI], ApiCode: [DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED/Unsupported], Message: The specified device interface or feature level is not supported on this system.

barnhilltrckn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think everyone needs to understand that until the app is updated and proper hw acceleration for the switch is done we will never get an optimal experience. What we have so far is still pretty impressive for what the devs are working with and a great first step. Just give it time and I'm sure all these problems will be ironed out.

Reactions: SagaXIV

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not connect a Switch dock to the PC screen, if there's a free HDMI port?

The dock is expensive, and third party versions have been know to cause the hdmi out function to not work, or brick switches entirely, not to mention it is about 10x bigger than it really needs to be, there are plenty of reason why the feature would be useful, including as you mentioned, the lack of an extra available hdmi port.

landysmods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The dock is expensive, and third party versions have been know to cause the hdmi out function to not work, or brick switches entirely, not to mention it is about 10x bigger than it really needs to be, there are plenty of reason why the feature would be useful, including as you mentioned, the lack of an extra available hdmi port.

If you can afford to buy a switch, then the dock is only a quarter of the price. Worth it for not having to deal with unreliable streams.

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can afford to buy a switch, then the dock is only a quarter of the price. Worth it for not having to deal with unreliable streams.

I don't understand your point, it's a useful, and applicable feature that is being requested by users. Joy-cons come with the system and are a quarter of the price too, it doesn't stop people from using adapters, or homebrew if it were available to use other controllers for whatever reason they choose to.

landysmods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't understand your point, it's a useful, and applicable feature that is being requested by users. Joy-cons come with the system and are a quarter of the price too, it doesn't stop people from using adapters, or homebrew if it were available to use other controllers for whatever reason they choose to.

Just saying, if you want to play the switch on your computer, it seems like a more sensible way just to plug the dock straight into your monitors hdmi input.
Streaming Pc to the switch is what this thread is about.

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saying, if you want to play the switch on your computer, it seems like a more sensible way just to plug the dock straight into your monitors hdmi input.
Streaming Pc to the switch is what this thread is about.

No this thread is about an app for the switch in which the users are asking if additional feature will be available in the future, what it is not about is suggesting alternatives to those feature requests. Personally I would like to hear from someone actually developing the app regarding the matter, not just another member randomly shutting down feature request for no good reason.

DemetriusBlack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
It's not just about connecting it to your dock, some people have only laptops and those have HDMI Out so you can't pass the signal to the display but with an app you can stream it to the display instead.

landysmods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No this thread is about an app for the switch in which the users are asking if additional feature will be available in the future, what it is not about is suggesting alternatives to those feature requests. Personally I would like to hear from someone actually developing the app regarding the matter, not just another member randomly shutting down feature request for no good reason.

Why not start a new thread about it then. Sorry if i'm wrong but I perceived that This thread is about streaming PC content to the switch using a homebrew switch app (currently available).

Surely if it was the other way round, there would need to be dedicated PC software designed in conjunction with a switch app to receive the stream from the switch to the PC.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's not just about connecting it to your dock, some people have only laptops and those have HDMI Out so you can't pass the signal to the display but with an app you can stream it to the display instead.

Ok, but do you really think the switch would be powerful enough to stream it's display and controls to an external device wirelessly, even with overclocking enabled?

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not start a new thread about it then. Sorry if i'm wrong but I perceived that This thread is about streaming PC content to the switch using a homebrew switch app (currently available).

Surely if it was the other way round, there would need to be dedicated PC software designed in conjunction with a switch app to receive the stream from the switch to the PC.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, but do you really think the switch would be powerful enough to stream it's display and controls to an external device wirelessly, even with overclocking enabled?

Uh yeah, I can stream emulation from my phone wirelessly while using a bluetooth controller, and it is a lot more underpowered than the switch. If I wanted to start another thread about it I would, but I perceived this thread as about the app in general including its future features, and capabilities, not solely one function in its current unfinished state.

Last edited by TheRealNGB,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte