Homebrew RELEASE In-Home-Switching: Stream your favorite PC-Games to your Nintendo Switch

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got connected and everything, just having some issues with the joy cons controlling my computers mouse/keyboard. Does my PC need bluetooth for this to work? I installed the driver but no luck.

oFlippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont know how you get good audio, i still get crackling with the latest nightly...
It’s all about connection speed and stability. I have a 300mpbs plan and it’s like playing on my pc other than the 720p. No crackling, stuttering, or artifacts. This application is all about internet speeds.

ItsJerry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have 300mbps and the audio is really weird, there'll be no audio in some applications and almost perfect audio in others

SagaXIV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the audio is wierd on some setups, this is a thing already mentionned for the latest release. Hopefully it'll be corrected in future releases.

Codiox

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
It’s all about connection speed and stability. I have a 300mpbs plan and it’s like playing on my pc other than the 720p. No crackling, stuttering, or artifacts. This application is all about internet speeds.

lol what, I got a 5G wifi router and me and my switch are sitting literally 1m away from the router. The pc is wired connected directly to my wifi router.

And all that local. And you tell me you play over internet with no audio problems?

Idontbelieveyou.gif

jakibaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FROM THE GITHUB README

Current Limitations

• Only works with Windows 8 (64-bit) and newer
  • Audio support only experimental atm
  • No support for Switch CFW other than Atmosphère or Kosmos
No support just means that if you experience a problem on any other cfw we'll tell you to try on atmos/kosmos first.

If it works that's fine but we won't go into any effort to fix problems on other cfws should they arise.

Reactions: Philliyxx

manu-m3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anyone has an idea why I can't connect? Installed, ftp works too (sx os) but when I try to connect via IP, it does nothing. Switch says "ready to connect".

Gesendet von meinem MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

oFlippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol what, I got a 5G wifi router and me and my switch are sitting literally 1m away from the router. The pc is wired connected directly to my wifi router.

And all that local. And you tell me you play over internet with no audio problems?

Idontbelieveyou.gif
I'd be more than happy to make a video showcasing that I have absolutely 0 audio issues, would you like me to? My PC is completely across the house and 2 stories up from the router, but my PC is WIRED, and my Switch WIRELESS. Because of this, I have absolutely no audio issues. To reiterate, I am on a 300mbps plan. My buddy has a 200mb plan, I had audio issues at his house (same setup, PC wired, Switch wireless). So it may just be your speeds, thank god I have xfinity ;)

Oh and BTW, pretty much 99% of Americans have 5G routers/modems now, it's nothing special anymore, LOL! I could go to BestBuy and buy a 5G router right now, FOR ONLY $30. I have a $300 5ghz router, so not my issue.

youdonthavetobelieveicanmakeavideo.gif

Final Clarification: I've also been playing in 1080p the entire time. Running PPSSPP, playing Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep with full 1080p texture pack, 60fps, and internal resolution set at 6x (2880x1632).
PC Specs:
i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz OC
GTX 760 4gb FTW Ed.
8gb TridentZ @ 2400mhz

So honestly, I'm not sure why you have audio issues, I even just played at 720p and it feels like a full release version.

Last edited by oFlippo,

barnhilltrckn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Perfect sound too, i think the real reason is they have "potatoes" cpu. You need good cpu who can handle it.

My 4770k oc to 4.7 and gtx1080 can handle the workload easily but I also still have problems with lag and audio. My pc is wired to my netgear nighthawk with the switch connected via wifi at 5ghz so that isn't a problem either. I am sure some ppl do not have specs good enough for this but the program deff has it's problems. The lack of proper hardware acceleration on the switch side is likely the issue here. These guys have still done a great job so far with the tools that are available to them. Just give it time and I'm sure these problems will all be smoothed out.

Codiox

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
I'd be more than happy to make a video showcasing that I have absolutely 0 audio issues, would you like me to? My PC is completely across the house and 2 stories up from the router, but my PC is WIRED, and my Switch WIRELESS. Because of this, I have absolutely no audio issues. To reiterate, I am on a 300mbps plan. My buddy has a 200mb plan, I had audio issues at his house (same setup, PC wired, Switch wireless). So it may just be your speeds, thank god I have xfinity ;)

Oh and BTW, pretty much 99% of Americans have 5G routers/modems now, it's nothing special anymore, LOL! I could go to BestBuy and buy a 5G router right now, FOR ONLY $30. I have a $300 5ghz router, so not my issue.

youdonthavetobelieveicanmakeavideo.gif

Final Clarification: I've also been playing in 1080p the entire time. Running PPSSPP, playing Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep with full 1080p texture pack, 60fps, and internal resolution set at 6x (2880x1632).
PC Specs:
i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz OC
GTX 760 4gb FTW Ed.
8gb TridentZ @ 2400mhz

So honestly, I'm not sure why you have audio issues, I even just played at 720p and it feels like a full release version.

lol, can you tell me what in home switching has to do with your internet provider? This stuff is local and has nothing to do with your internet connection. You can stream over the internet if you do a private network, but as you described you are using it at home. This stuff runs in LAN. I don't think you know how this stuff works. Next please.

Last edited by Codiox,

oFlippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not trying to insult you but that is not correct. My ISP does not determine my local speeds around the house and I doubt they do anywhere else either. Local connections have NOTHING to do with the ISP.
The problem is a lack of PROPER hardware acceleration. It is not possible for the switch to properly handle the stream right now which is why this prob exists. My shield and odroid do NOT have this prob where proper hw acceleration exists. I am not trying to make it sound like I know it all or that you are lying but I too find it hard to believe you don't have any problems. So yea I too would love to see a video of this. If you can prove this then I will be the first to apologize and quite honestly ask for some help. I'm sure we would all love some help if you can.
I am trying to be polite here because arguing isn't going to make it better. Someone please correct me if I am wrong in my understanding of all this.
I just had to go back and read my original post in this thread. When I was at my friends house with the 200mbps connection, I was using a private network streaming from home, I had audio issues then. Using LAN at home, absolutely 0 issues. I don’t like arguing either, I’m about to go see the new DBZ movie, so after I get back home, I’ll make a video. I honestly couldn’t tell you why I have any better luck than anyone else. I literally have been playing in 1080p using IHS. I dropped my monitor res to 720p last night and it was like I was literally playing on PC, it was absolutely fluid and accurate. Honestly the switch is capable of speeds around 175mbps and up, I’d love to see the dev add support for speeds like that!

barnhilltrckn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had to go back and read my original post in this thread. When I was at my friends house with the 200mbps connection, I was using a private network streaming from home, I had audio issues then. Using LAN at home, absolutely 0 issues. I don’t like arguing either, I’m about to go see the new DBZ movie, so after I get back home, I’ll make a video. I honestly couldn’t tell you why I have any better luck than anyone else. I literally have been playing in 1080p using IHS. I dropped my monitor res to 720p last night and it was like I was literally playing on PC, it was absolutely fluid and accurate. Honestly the switch is capable of speeds around 175mbps and up, I’d love to see the dev add support for speeds like that!

Yes I too am on my local lan. The only thing not connecting via ethernet is the switch and it's connecting via wifi at 5ghz. All this is running through my nighthawk r7000 with my modem only acting as a bridge to the outside world. Everything is connecting locally and I don't have a great experience. My pc is plenty capable too with a 4770k and a gtx1080(not going full spec epenis here either)so that can't be the problem.

I'm not calling this program shit either because what they have done so far is great. I believe the program doesn't have proper hw accel yet and once they get it I fully believe these problems will for the most part be gone.

Last edited by barnhilltrckn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night