Homebrew RELEASE In-Home-Switching: Stream your favorite PC-Games to your Nintendo Switch

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Because of too big lag. Software is trying to compensate it by reducing bitrate.
This tool is not suited for anything other than local Wi-Fi.

AnkitC

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I've been using this and noticed a few things:

1. The 0.2 release still shows "0.1" in the title of the PC app.
2. There's incredible amounts of artefacting, to the point of being unplayable. Is this a Quality setting that needs to be toyed with? I've already set in-game and computer resolution to 720p. I'm using my 5G network if that makes a difference.

Yup. Facing the same issues. Using 5 GHz.

Also made sure the LAN is set to Gigabit and not 100 Mbps.

Last edited by AnkitC,

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. Facing the same issues. Using 5 GHz.

Also made sure the LAN is set to Gigabit and not 100 Mbps.

Others have stated achieving low latency in this thread using a 5ghz router. I wonder if distance has anything to do. Further away from router slower more latency? It was like that on my steam link dunno if it applies here

Codiox

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Others have stated achieving low latency in this thread using a 5ghz router. I wonder if distance has anything to do. Further away from router slower more latency? It was like that on my steam link dunno if it applies here
It applies always on wifi in general

coppertj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Others have stated achieving low latency in this thread using a 5ghz router. I wonder if distance has anything to do. Further away from router slower more latency?

Ive tried an experiment with my netgear nighthawk R8000P, basically my router is in my room so technically its the best connection in the house, however, walking upstairs from the router from my room does not drop any performance in gta V (my benchmarking game since any latency = bad experience basically). The only time I can get it to start dropping frames is when I go outside with it, even then though my router is by the driveway technically.

TL;DR I have really good connection distance matters with older routers, newer ones will not have this problem

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We made In-Home-Switching, a Nintendo-Switch homebrew application which allows you to stream and control your PC-Games on your Switch! (like moonlight)
Your Joy-Cons serve as an "Xbox"-Controller for your PC.

Under good conditions it can reach around 60 FPS at 720p and very low latency!

Here's a Screenshot of Witcher 3 taken from a Nintendo Switch! :)
trVxYuY.jpg

How to use:

Full instructions are on the Github page but here's a small rundown:

On your PC you need Windows 8 or higher, Linux support is planned.
- Install these drivers (installer is at "Driver Installer/ScpDriverInstaller.exe").
- Download the release from here and unpack the zip where ever you want it.
- Copy and run the NRO from the Switch-folder to your Switches SD-Card.
- Run the "In-Home-Switching.exe" from the "Windows"-folder on your PC and enter the IP-Address of your Switch (can be found in network-settings).
- Click on the big "Connect"-Button and enjoy! :)

Please note that in order to help performance we overclock the switch. (disabled by default in 0.2)
As far as we know this is pretty safe but we're not responsible for any damage that might come to your hardware.

(we meaning my friend D-VAmpire and me)

Many many thanks to the following people/projects:
  • ffmpeg for being such a powerful media tool that we use on PC and Switch.
  • SwitchBrew for libNX and its ffmpeg inclusion
  • Atmosphère for being such a great Switch CFW
  • Captura for showing us how to capture frame input with Windows Duplication API
  • simontime for his switch-usb-screen-stream-sharp project for Windows
  • ScpDriverInterface for the Xbox drivers on Windows

UPDATE 0.2 (EXPERIMENTAL, please use the stable build if you don't want to deal with this):

For this update you need https://github.com/rdp/screen-capture-recorder-to-video-windows-free/releases in addition to the normal setup-dependencies (we need that for audio-capture).

‌Massive overall performance improvements
‌Audio support
‌IP showing in-App
‌Overclocking profiles
‌Configs on PC, thanks to SunTheCourier

Known issues with this beta:
Sound far from perfect and delay is not that great either (both issues will be fixed soon hopefully)
When the switch is docked the sound is fucked up for some reason.
The desktop-app sometimes doesn't show the connection status correctly

Sometimes some processess are left over. If you encounter any issues please manually kill all `ffmpeg.exe` processes
For some people the audio is completely messed up for some reason.
Great Work!

coppertj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a general question to anyone using this software, does anyone have issues with micro stuttering? It's been happening pretty much in any game I play except it's mostly noticeable in open world games like GTA V or Saints Row IV. I pinpointed it to my cpu possibly being the issue as when it's streaming all cpu cores are pinned to 100 (i5-4670k) so I most likely need more cores to offload the extra processing needed because as it stands, 4 cores is not enough.

tl;dr if this is running 100% smooth what are your pc specs?
Mine are:
rx 580
intel i5 4670k
12gb ram

barnhilltrckn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a general question to anyone using this software, does anyone have issues with micro stuttering? It's been happening pretty much in any game I play except it's mostly noticeable in open world games like GTA V or Saints Row IV. I pinpointed it to my cpu possibly being the issue as when it's streaming all cpu cores are pinned to 100 (i5-4670k) so I most likely need more cores to offload the extra processing needed because as it stands, 4 cores is not enough.

tl;dr if this is running 100% smooth what are your pc specs?
Mine are:
rx 580
intel i5 4670k
12gb ram

I have the same problems with my specs aswell -i7 4770k OC to 4.7, 16gb ddr3 @2133, GTX1080, and all under a custom loop so I'm not sure your specs are to blame. I am also running my pc wired to my Netgear R7000 with the switch running through 5ghz wifi. I have not tested wired but my shield is also connected wireless and streams perfectly. I would imagine they are still optimizing the code and will get all the hw acceleration worked out eventually.

Reactions: coppertj

jakibaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

oFlippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not much changed since the 0.2 release. You're better off using that for now.

Awesome! Just wanted to check! I've also spent a few hours making some custom icons for some NROs without them. I made a few variations for In-Home Switching if you're interested in taking a look! If you'd like, you could use it for the release icon. I'm no gfx editor, but I used to dabble back in the day. This is the current variation I'm using: i.imgur.com/QXJMbO8.jpg
Sorry, I can't technically post links yet (new to GBATemp), so just and paste it. I'm working on one without the name of the app, something clean and simple. I'm not a background maker though, and grey looks way better than a default PS gradient. I also see this isn't a solo project, so I may be having to make some adjustments! If anyone wants a link to download them, just PM me and I'll upload them. Use NRO Asset Editor to add icons to NROs without any! It's the top link on google when searched, it's on here!

Last edited by oFlippo,
Reactions: lordelan

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way to play with the joycons while my ps4 is streaming to the pc and the pc to the Switch?
Someone posted a solution earlier in the thread, an app to convert the fake xbox controller to a fake ps4 controller. Read through from the first few pages & you should find it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2