• Total voters

Blazikun

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you selected "other" for anything, say why.

This is STRICTLY 3DS related , so don't stray with your opinions.

nds.gif

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is a definite purchase for me. I expect the launch price to be about $149.99 US like the original DS was, though I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed to $199.99 or somewhere in between.

Jasper07

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will buy it, but not yet because my laptop sucks balls and I don't even have enough money for a new desktop.
And the graphics won't be like the graphics of the ps2. When you look at Black or Jak X, that's just too much for the 3ds. I think so, I do not hope so.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Resident Evil looks better than Tekken 5, and that is, by far, one of the best looking games on the PS2. I'm not sure how powerful this thing will be, but Resident Evil and MGS look amazing.

I'll be getting it at launch. My DSi has fucked up shoulder buttons (which is mostly my fault) and you know, doesn't have 3D. I'm not sure how much I'm willing to pay, though.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
maybe yay, maybe nay. I only buy consoles if I can play pirated games on it, because it goes against my principles to buy games. In a far far away I have done so, but it was a different me.... I'm reborn now. So in other words I will definitely buy the 3DS, when a flashcart arrives. I honestly believe there will be a big big chance that the 3DS will be unhackable, so it's goodbye-handheld-nintendo for me if that's the case.

Wii_Manic

Trophies
XP
Country
Ill defo buy. It depends on the price when though. If its more than £180 then, i'll wait till its hacked so its cheaper in the long run. Anyless then I'll have it within a month.

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jasper07 said:
I will buy it, but not yet because my laptop sucks balls and I don't even have enough money for a new desktop.
And the graphics won't be like the graphics of the ps2. When you look at Black or Jak X, that's just too much for the 3ds. I think so, I do not hope so.

You can't compare pre-launch tech demos with some of the last games developed for another console with (presumably) similar specs. I had my doubts with the Kid Icarus trailer during the conference, but after seeing MGS3D and Resident Evil I believe we'll be seeing games comparable to PS2 titles shortly into the console's life.

I think the aliasing issues from the low-res LCD screen is the only thing holding MGS3D back from looking better than the PS2 version. And then there's the fact that it's producing 2 separate images for the 3D effect.

Blazikun

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it has sleep mode and downloads stuff like the wii. while asleep. i'd say it has 3/4 the same graphics capability as a wii, which was based around gamecube hardware

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
berlinka said:
... I honestly believe there will be a big big chance that the 3DS will be unhackable, so it's goodbye-handheld-nintendo for me if that's the case.

Anything that is done, can be undone in the world of software!

And back on topic...
I personally won't be rushing out to buy a 3DS as soon as the hit the shelves as I'm a sensible person who waits for the price to drop after the initial rush of suckers who buy one.

Also, why are you comparing it to other systems? Especially Sony consoles! It's the '3DS', not the 'Wii handheld' or anything like that! I reckon the 3D visuals will set it miles ahead of any other console anyway! It's funny how a few screen shots of a new console sets the rumour mill going. Sit down, relax a little while and wait for it to come out before you all start comparing it to anything.... It may be a huge flop, nobody knows!

Incidentally, I wonder if everyone went this mental when the DS was announced??

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll buy it for sure. I think it's about gamecube level graphics. And as for what games I'd play on it, let's just say I'll play anything that looks good to me.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I will buy one!
I compare with: PSP, PS2 and DS/DSi (I mean... professor layton doesn't differ much from a DS game)
And I think I'll mainly play Adventure games. And I mean Adventure as in Zelda, Mario, Layton, Metroid, Kid Icarus... yeah that kind... and probably a LOT of RPGs as well... but voted Adventure
smile.gif

Blazikun

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xcdjy said:
I'm set to buy one... may take me a while because I see it being rather expensive, but yup.
I think the graphics will be between NDS and PSP, probably slightly under PSP. I'm surprised that so many people think the graphics are close to the Wii - from the screenshots I've seen, they don't look much like Wii graphics at all. I mean a screenshot is a screenshot, any screenshot looks meh, but when I was watching the gameplay video for Kid Icarus: Uprising, I didn't even notice the difference other than the lack of 'weird' trees etc (I can't remember the right name, but like on MKDS, when you hold an item and it looks 2D compared to the 3D character models etc).
I'll most likely play action games on there so I'm hyped for Saints Row LOL.
knowing ninty, i guess it will cost £300, because it has 3 figures and starts with 3.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:
I only buy consoles if I can play pirated games on it, because it goes against my principles to buy games.

It's like saying....
"I'll only go into a bar if I can get free drinks, because it goes against my principles to buy drinks."

Anyways, there is gonna be a wide variety of games on it, so I chose Other because I don't lean towards a specific genre.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ive never gotten a ninty handheld on day one and with me being in college at the time of release, and money issues, i probably wont with this one, maybe a nice new years eve present, or mlk holiday, or valentines day, or st. patricks day... Hell maybe even cinco de mayo!!!
rofl.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s