In a9lh install should I set up a rednand or emuand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by nahimgood, Apr 28, 2016.

1. nahimgood
    OP

nahimgood Banned

Banned
    Apr 18, 2016
    Gambia, The
    So because I bricked my friends 3ds now I bought him an o3ds and I'm kind of unsure (following pailects guide) if I should setup emunand instead of rednand. I mean I (he) will only use it once for the a9lh procedure and we will delete it in the end for updated sysnand mode... So is luma3ds compatible with emunand and can I use it in the downgrade process? Thanks

2. dubbz82

dubbz82 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 2, 2014
    United States
    emunand will still work fine, the guide used to use it, actually. It was switched to redNAND because of space savings on certain types of n3ds's (thus chopping off a good hour or so from the process, as it doesn't copy over the ~600mb of empty sectors from the NAND in those machines), but the guide should otherwise work as written.

Last edited by dubbz82, Apr 28, 2016
  3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I used emuNAND to downgrade my 3DS, but mostly because I already had an emuNAND set up on my SD card and didn't feel like changing it to a RedNAND.

4. nahimgood
    OP

nahimgood Banned

Banned
    Apr 18, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Okay thanks everyone my concern was the compatibility... :) but it was answered thanks :)