Hacking In a bit of a pickle with updating my Homebrew software...

philmangan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Gents,
I soft modded my Wii a couple of years ago and havent updated it since. I now want to start using it again but can't seem to get my head around what I need to update etc.
My firmware is V3.2E
I have Homebrew channel installed, Neogamma channel R8, USBLoader GX 2.0, WAD Manager 1.7 and have a 500Gb Freecom SSPACC HDD.
I have formatted the drive with a 200GB WBFS partition using WBFS manager 3.0 and have put 2 games on it (Just Dance and Just Dance 2).
USBLoader GX 2.0 channel doesnt even start, it shows a black screen and then goes back to the Wii menu. Neogamma does load up and warns me that my CIOS is revision 7 but to get best results to use revision 17.
I then tell it to use the USB which it tries to detect and fails.
My questions are;
1. I obviously need to update my CIOS, how do I do this?
2. Why does USBLoader GX 2.0 not work and does it need to if I can get Neogamma to work?
3. Is my HDD compatible with Wii?

Sorry for all the questions but I've been looking on Google and there are that many guides, versions and different peoples opinions I'm probably doing things I shouldnt.

Does anyone have any recommendations or help? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

philmangan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Absolutely superb, worked a treat! My Wii is now fully running with my external hard-drive. My wife is dancing to Just Dance 2 as I type.
I wasnt aware of ModMii, it made the whole process really easy, took me about 15 - 20 mins
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning