Improving my Connection

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by UnseenHero, Sep 13, 2009.

Sep 13, 2009

Improving my Connection by UnseenHero at 8:42 PM (861 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. UnseenHero
    OP

Member UnseenHero The UnseenHero

Canada
    Well when im connected to CoD my connection really sucks. No its not the hosts fault its mine. So to see if my connection was good (wireless) i took the speed test thingy i got

Dowload 0.95mbps
    Upload 0.09mbps
    Ping 42ms
    These are awful i find (but i am retarded in computers stuff etcc) So i was wondering is there a way of improving my connection????
    My router is one wall away from my Wii and everything else that has wireless has good connection.

If not then i am subjected to buying a LAN adapter. Also if i am subjected to buy one anyone know a cheap one that works well with the wii?

2. 10_0ARMY

Member 10_0ARMY THE *Original* 1 Man Army

United States
    Don't use the Nintendo adapter. I have to use it to play cod from time to time and my connection sucks. (it is usually 1 or 2 bars... 2 at best).

But for some reason, lately I've been getting a 3 bar connection, which is really good.

3. misteromar

Member misteromar GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Turn up the routers signal strength to 100%.

4. UnseenHero
    OP

Member UnseenHero The UnseenHero

Canada
    how i turn it to 100%?

5. boof222

Member boof222 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    what kind of router is it eg. wireless G router, N or N+
    ig its G get a N or N+ (N+ is the best but more expensive)

how many antennas does your router have
    if you only have 1 get a router with two
    if u have two dont worry

the best possible combo is a 2 antenna N+ router (but it costs about 300 australian dollars)
    i have a 2 antenna N router and its pretty good. i dont remem how much it cost but yeah

if ur still having problems after buyin a new router try port forwarding but thats a whole different story and explaining through a forum could take a while

the reason for why u need to port is that your router might not be letting you connect to the intendo port that COD is running
    this happened to my friend but on the mario kart servers.

hope that helped