Hardware Improvements and/or Features you want for a new Switch Model

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are some improvements or new features to the Nintendo Switch you would like to see in a new model?

Example:
- internal antenna: just a wee antenna (inside the Switch or attachment) that allows for viewing of local tv within a 30-50mile range. Fun when you travel.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
What are some improvements or new features to the Nintendo Switch you would like to see in a new model?

Example:
- internal antenna: just a wee antenna (inside the Switch or attachment) that allows for viewing of local tv within a 30-50mile range. Fun when you travel.
Didn't they have a TV cart for the DS? Japan only believe. I think it'd be awesome to see something like that come back.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Didn't they have a TV cart for the DS? Japan only believe. I think it'd be awesome to see something like that come back.
There was a tv cart for the Game Gear.
But today in almost all countries there is digital tv and in many dvb-t2 with paid subscription. I don't think it is possible to make a tv cart which can be used and sold worldwide. Also I don*t think that many people want a tv cart

D

Deleted User

A motherfucking D-Pad already.
I really don't understand the need for a DPad on the joy cons. There are no D-Pads that I have ever touched in my life that I have enjoyed. The only one that was good enough for consistent use was the 3DS one, odd enough since it was secondary to the Circle Pad. I much prefer buttons since they are easier to press and have individual controls, because for some reason pressing down on a dpad always makes me go left or right.

internal antenna: just a wee antenna (inside the Switch or attachment) that allows for viewing of local tv within a 30-50mile range. Fun when you travel.
That is something I would buy if I didn't have to buy a new console. In combination with Netflix, Hulu/CrunchyRoll, and some other TV apps, that would be great.

Now, if they provided the Food network app I would be down.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Then it won't really be a switch.

Would like to see a glass screen. Maybe improved specs.
I mean, a 2ds isn't a 3ds but nintendo still did it.

Removing the switch's namesake feature could have benefits as well.
Improved portability, lower costs, lighter, more rugged, etc. Most games will be just as fun in a traditional setup anyway.

It's just an option, they wouldn't have to pull the original model off the shelf or anything if they did this.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: CaptainSodaPop

NoThisIsStupider

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For me the only things left in the Switch before it's as perfect as one could expect is web browsing, netflix, youtube, and perhaps something like rainway or parsec. We can expect all but the last one for sure someday offically from Nintendo, and the last one will likely come as homebrew just like it has for the 3DS.

D

Deleted User

For me the only things left in the Switch before it's as perfect as one could expect is web browsing, netflix, youtube, and perhaps something like rainway or parsec. We can expect all but the last one for sure someday offically from Nintendo, and the last one will likely come as homebrew just like it has for the 3DS.
If Nintendo adds an internet browser (officially implemented) you can be sure the Rainway developers will be trying to sell their app to Nintendo (metaphorically). They only support consoles with a public web browser.

Reactions: Pluupy
D

Deleted User

Bigger joycons, bigger buttons, D-pad, charger port on top, better ventilation, better kickstand, better sd card location, lighter weight, less wii u ports games.....
If the Joycons are bigger, then the console itself will have to be bigger, and a tablet is already pushing the concept of portability.
If the charger port is on top, what is the purpose of the dock? It makes sense to put it on the bottom and not on top, and it isn't cost effective to have two ports.
How is the SD card in a bad spot? If it was anywhere else, then you could accidentally eject the SD card or lose it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning