Hacking Improve the sound of my Nintendo 3ds XL in CFW

Sam_SpadeR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello guys, I´m an owner of one Nintendo 3ds XL and I have noticed that the sound in this console is pretty low. I want to know if I can make it louder. Anyone can help me?

Sam_SpadeR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Unless you get some speakers and plug them to because there is no magic program that you install and boosts speakers...

Damn. Thanks, man. So the only way to have a louder sound coming from the XL is plug speakers or use headphones, right?

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I suppose it could be done through an NTR plugin if someone had the skills, but honestly the quality of the sound sucks to begin with so I don't think it would make much of a difference.
It's no Battlefield where hearing footsteps can make you a better player, or Skyrim where you want to hear the soundtrack at its best. I would actually like to boost the volume for headphones myself, but meh, in the end I don't think it would change much.

Reactions: Sam_SpadeR

Sam_SpadeR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
My 3DS speakers sound loud enougg, could it be a malcfunction perhaps?

I think there´s nothing wrong with my 3ds XL. I have an older 3ds and the sound is pretty decent but, my little brother also have one XL and the sound its a lot more low than the older 3ds console.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
If I recall correctly, you can increase significantly the volume (and quality) of your 3DS' sound by removing some... things (don't remember the english name :P), but it you need to disassemble your console to do that. I'll post a link to the thread if I find it.
Afaik, there is not any software based modification possible, since this is a hardware limitation.

EDIT : My bad, seems that the modification I mentioned only affects the earphone volume... :unsure:
Anyway, here's the thread if you're still interested: http://gbatemp.net/threads/hardware...volume-of-your-3ds-some-models-so-far.400221/

Last edited by Deleted member 370671,
Reactions: Sam_SpadeR

Sam_SpadeR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
3DSXL was built with worse speakers than the original. That disappointed me tbh.
That´s a shame, actually.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If I recall correctly, you can increase significantly the volume (and quality) of your 3DS' sound by removing some... things (don't remember the english name :P), but it you need to disassemble your console to do that. I'll post a link to the thread if I find it.
Afaik, there is not any software based modification possible, since this is a hardware limitation.

Really? Oh, man, please try to find that link! I´ll take the risk and follow the steps right.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm sure a bit of tweaking to the output of the speakers can be done. Such as volume output is : 100%
I'm sure we can put it at 110% or something. That hardmod isn't going to help me. I'll break it.

DorianHyde92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose it could be done through an NTR plugin if someone had the skills, but honestly the quality of the sound sucks to begin with so I don't think it would make much of a difference.
It's no Battlefield where hearing footsteps can make you a better player, or Skyrim where you want to hear the soundtrack at its best. I would actually like to boost the volume for headphones myself, but meh, in the end I don't think it would change much.
Actually the audio quality in most games is high,it's just lost due to tinny little speakers,plug in a gaming headset and you'll notice a WIDE range of sounds in games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: probably