Homebrew Improve poor HB launcher cia boot rate?

kedest

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
My system is set up with A9LH running an updated 10.7 sysnand.
To access homebrew, I've installed this CIA https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases

But its bootrate is pretty poor at about 50%. It often just hangs at one of the flashing colors.

Before switching to A9LH, I was running menuhax booting into bootctr (or ctrboot, not sure) and from there I could select the homebrew launcher. That way, boot rate was pretty much 100%. Also, there were no flashing colors at all.

Is there anything I can do to improve the homebrew boot rate under my A9LH setup?

kedest

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Really awkward.

My n3DS is running A9LH + 10.7 Sysnand and I've got a 100% boot rate to HBL with the CIA.

Does it also say hax 2.7 gamma when booting?

All will be resolved when Gateway releases A9LH support (at least for A9LH users)

I've never really looked into anything gateway-related at all. Is Gateway also just a CFW (like aureinand) that can run on any system without additional hardware, or is it all still tied to their own hardware flash cards?

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it also say hax 2.7 gamma when booting?

I've never really looked into anything gateway-related at all. Is Gateway also just a CFW (like aureinand) that can run on any system without additional hardware, or is it all still tied to their own hardware flash cards?

Unfortunately Gateway is still tied to their red cart. They recently (like late last night) updated their site claiming A9LH support and something related to 10.3 FW (downgrader possibly). Will be a welcome addition for any Gateway owners when it is finally releases.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Also have a 100% boot rate.
Are you using a payload designed for your firmware or did you rename an old payload.
Also, did you hexedit the homebrew launcher payload to boot (directly) to your homebrew's boot.3dx, not the ctrbootmanager one?

Conn0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately Gateway is still tied to their red cart. They recently (like late last night) updated their site claiming A9LH support and something related to 10.3 FW (downgrader possibly). Will be a welcome addition for any Gateway owners when it is finally releases.
The 10.3 "thing" is the ntrcardhax which gives arm9 on 10.3 (probably to setup a9lh).

kedest

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also have a 100% boot rate.
Are you using a payload designed for your firmware or did you rename an old payload.
Also, did you hexedit the homebrew launcher payload to boot (directly) to your homebrew's boot.3dx, not the ctrbootmanager one?

It downloaded the payload itself and saved it to SD. When booting, it says "hax 2.7 gamma" on the top screen. I did not modify it in any way.It boots directly to boot.3dsx, which is the gridlauncher. In my new A9LH setup, there is no longer a ctrboot

just switch back to hax 2.6, its boot rate is pretty decent

Where can I find those old payloads? Smealums site seems to only have the most recent one.

Wait 5-10 seconds before booting. Then you'll see a significant impact on the boot rate!

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to make a difference.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
It downloaded the payload itself and saved it to SD. When booting, it says "hax 2.7 gamma" on the top screen. I did not modify it in any way.It boots directly to boot.3dsx, which is the gridlauncher. In my new A9LH setup, there is no longer a ctrboot

Where can I find those old payloads? Smealums site seems to only have the most recent one.

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to make a difference.
That's a shame. It does all the difference for me. Hax 2.6 cia.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i have the 2.6 payload for the hbl cia but sadly it is the US one :( you could ask smea or someone here if they have a european 2.6 payload for the hbl cia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here