Tutorial  Updated

Improve menuhax boot rate to nearly 100%

Hello guys I found a very useful guide from star_storm (all credits go to him) that works for those who have a 9.2 SysNAND (no matter which emuNAND version), I tested it and it works pretty great (no more black when exiting SSB or system settings), so here is the tutorial taken from Reddit:

1) Download this file:http://www.mediafire.com/download/nmz771n1gb97ak7/Themehax_Installer_offline_v1.2.zip

2) Copy it to your SD card

3) Boot it in HomebrewLauncher

4) Install (make sure you are using themehax manager)

5) Connect to your PC and copy "menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin" from your sd card

6) Install homemenuhax like normal again (with menuhax manager).

7) Reconnect SD to PC and look for the new menuhax payload (the one with a lot of numbers)

8) Copy the name of the file and rename "menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin" from earlier to the new file name

9) Replace the file on your SD card with the renamed payload on your PC.

10) Observe boot rates nearing 100% :P

EDIT: Thread can be deleted as it has just been posted by star_storm

Last edited by mrjoker59,

ApolloCheese

the shy guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
thanks for posting this!
i'm sure it helps if you get freezes early in the boot process.
on my o3ds xl i have rxtools and nearly 100% boot success.
on my n3ds xl i use autoboot to gateway and most freezes appear after the gateway logo (dragon). it was the same with mset so i think this workaround wont help improve my gateway bootrate.

mrjoker59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes for me it fixed it, the older payload seems to be way more stable than the new one the only con is that it doesn't support custom bootscreen

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for posting this!
on my n3ds xl i use autoboot to gateway and most freezes appear after the gateway logo (dragon). it was the same with mset so i think this workaround wont help improve my gateway bootrate.
yes i used menuhax to autoboot to GW on my N3ds and noticed the crashes usually happen after too, and i installed rxtools on another sd card and set it to autoboot with rxtools
it never crashes before the menuhax splash screen if it crashes it is usually after the menuhax splash screen and before the rxtools splash screen, which sometimes does not show up at all even when it does boot

so yeah i also wonder if this would help with getting a better boot success rate

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: ApolloCheese

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just tried this, I got a freeze on my first try loading it. 2nd try worked. Looks like its not quite near 100% yet :\

Then 10 successes in a row now, we'll see how it goes!

Last edited by Zarxrax,

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
thanks for posting this!

yes i used menuhax to autoboot to GW on my N3ds and noticed the crashes usually happen after too, and i installed rxtools on another sd card and set it to autoboot with rxtools
it never crashes before the menuhax splash screen if it crashes it is usually after the menuhax splash screen and before the rxtools splash screen, which sometimes does not show up at all even when it does boot

so yeah i also wonder if this would help with getting a better boot success rate
The problem lies with gateway launcher, until GW find out how to improve their boot rate (without degrading it in some combinations of hardware) the boot rate will be low at some hardware (between 6 units I have at home the original 3ds small have the lowest boot rate, around 60%)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water