Impossible to update to 6.72 from 6.20 (no BD)

Flashed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi,

I just got a 6.20 FW PS4 Slim. But it has a problem: it has broken BD Drive, which makes impossible to do an update.

There is a way to upate the PS4 with this type of problem, as 6.20 is an exploitable firmware, an update to 6.72 can be done:

My problem is that it's impossible for me to launch the expolit. I locally hosted the ChendoChap pack: https://github.com/ChendoChap/ps4-ipv6-uaf/tree/6.20

Then I tried to launch the expoit on my PS4, but there is now way. I'm always getting the 'Not enough space' message, no matter what I do. I have tried to host it by different ways. I have tried to clear data & caché, even re-initialize the ps4, but still getting the same message. Re-installing the firmware is not an option as the BD is broken and I would get an error.

I think 6.xx exploits are way more stable than 7.xx ones, but I have been trying for like 2~3h, clearing data, restarting ps4, closing and opening web browser every time that message appers, but there is no way.

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Flashed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hen on all 6.xx firmwares but 6.72 is supposed to be unstable.
Even more than 7.xx FW? I currently own a PS4 with 7.51 FW and executing it can be a pain sometimes, but at the end it gets launched. With this one, I have been trying it for like 2h like an idiot and not getting other thing than 'Not enough space'

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hen on all 6.xx firmwares but 6.72 is supposed to be unstable.
Well, on my PS4 pro is solid as a rock. But the op has a slim, and we all now how exploit can be “different “ on the PS4 model. 🙄

Edit : oups , sorry, you said BUT 6.72 😂..that’s the firmware of my PS4 pro.

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
Even more than 7.xx FW? I currently own a PS4 with 7.51 FW and executing it can be a pain sometimes, but at the end it gets launched. With this one, I have been trying it for like 2h like an idiot and not getting other thing than 'Not enough space'

7.55 can be a pain for me at times. Sometimes it works straight away and then other days it'll take me at least 10 kps before it enables. I have good days and bad days with it

Flashed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Flashed have you tried using AlAzifs DNS exploit host? I think that covers 6.xx too.

Edit: Hmm I just checked and I actually dont see it there… I’ll look elsewhere…

Edit 2: try quickhen I’m sure there are compiled links for 6.20…..

http://celesteblue.nopsn.com/PS4/
Thanks,

Just tried that, but unfortunetly didn't work. Some memory error messages at first, but then some javascript alerts appear like scrollLeft, bad webKitBase, bad libSceLibcInternalBase, bad libKernelBase, and finally, Error unexcepted rop behaviour

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks,

Just tried that, but unfortunetly didn't work. Some memory error messages at first, but then some javascript alerts appear like scrollLeft, bad webKitBase, bad libSceLibcInternalBase, bad libKernelBase, and finally, Error unexcepted rop behaviour
I’ve asked about and self hosting the chendo 6.20 files you have is your best bet. The exploit is unstable, so perhaps try again entirely using these files: https://github.com/ChendoChap/ps4-ipv6-uaf/tree/6.20

Flashed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks for your help.
The files from ChendoChap are the ones I'm using, also I use Ethernet connection. I hace not tried again as I'm really busy these days, but I don't think I will get diferentes result...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help.
The files from ChendoChap are the ones I'm using, also I use Ethernet connection. I hace not tried again as I'm really busy these days, but I don't think I will get diferentes result...
according to Joonie, hen for 6.xx, any of them, except for 6.72 is said to be unstable, so you might have to deal with this problem.

Inno_B

Trophies
XP
Country
Malawi
Anyone who has found a fix for 6.20? No bd update? I am stuck too, not enough memory all the way, it has been hours of try but no😑

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hate to be the one to resurrect this thread, but I have found myself in the exact same position. Did anyone ever find a solution?
It requires 6.20 webkit and a compatible kernel exploit.

As of the other day CelesteBlue is working on new 6.00-8.XX implementations using a new webkit exploit, so this may happen soon and increase the stability enough to facilitate NOBD updating.

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?