Hacking Impossible to launch DS cartridges on Emunand?

Amapola62

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I use the latest build of Rxtools on my O3dsXL and every ds game I try, real or flashcart boots to a blackscreen with the "an error has occurred" message on Emunand...but thet work fine on my unlinked sysnand...Is there a solution for that ?

Amapola62

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
9.2.0-20E on Sysnand (updated from 4.3.0-9 with a 9.2 modified update pack) and 10.3-28E on Emunand...It never worked even when I had the 10-02 build...

Last edited by Amapola62,

Kionea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be sure, the DS games aren't out of region right?

Are there any other oddities with it? And do 3DS carts work?

The only thing I can work off here is that it could be similar to retail carts being unusable in Gateway mode but you're not using one of those.

Edit: They run fine in sysnand right?

Edit 2 cause I forget to ask way too much: How did you install rxTools and how are you running it?

Edit 3, the last one I swear: When you say "latest" what build of rxTools do you mean? I'm using the 12-05 build and both retail DS and my R4 work fine.

Last edited by Kionea,

Amapola62

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just to be sure, the DS games aren't out of region right? No they aren't.

Are there any other oddities with it? And do 3DS carts work? 3DS carts work.

Well first the friend lists, notifications and Miiverse needed time to load before working properly, but now the boot normally.

The only thing I can work off here is that it could be similar to retail carts being unusable in Gateway mode but you're not using one of those.

Edit: They run fine in sysnand right? Yes they do. Only not Emunand.

Edit 2 cause I forget to ask way too much: How did you install rxTools and how are you running it? I first installed it with the MSET exploit since I was on 4.3 and have access to a R4i gold. I still kept it even after upgrading to 9.2 untill I installed autoboot.

Edit 3, the last one I swear: When you say "latest" what build of rxTools do you mean? I'm using the 12-05 build and both retail DS and my R4 work fine. That's the one I am using too.

Kionea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. Keep in mind I'm not exactly the foremost expert on this stuff but there could be a link between your problem and rxTools on MSET. I downgraded to 9.2 and installed mine through oothax. You could try reinstalling rxTools through homebrew if it means that much to have ds carts in emunand. Personally I would just run them through sysnand.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I'm not so good with troubleshooting over the internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt