Hacking Impossible to install rap file: can you help me?

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
HI, I have a PS3 Slim, modded with Rebug CFW 4.82.2.
I installed Virtua Fighter 5 FInal Shodown file (usa version) and I tried to install its rap file with PSNPatch. But it doesn't work :(

I put the rap file in a folder named "exdata" in my USB key and I plug in it in right usb port (nearer the bluray). I ran PSNpatch and i leave the default value of the usb path: dev_usb000/exdata. I push L1 button and it appears "Unlocked Demos" NPEB019889, START TO CONTINUE. But the problem is still here :(

I tried this procedure with both my accounts: my main account (italy) and my additional account (USA), but the procedure doesn't work in both the account :(

Can you help me?

thanks!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Was the file renamed? At least some tools require it to have the original name (same as content id of the title to unlock)

"NPEB?????" is definitely not an American title, so it's unrelated to your issue :)

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Was the file renamed? At least some tools require it to have the original name (same as content id of the title to unlock)

"NPEB?????" is definitely not an American title, so it's unrelated to your issue :)

:) well, i checked it again, and this is the file name: UP0177-NPUB30625_00-VIRTUAFIGHTER5FS.rap
So it is related to a USA game (the rap file related to the EURO version is named EP0177-NPEB00913_00-VIRTUAFIGHTER5FS.rap).

But now i trided again with a .pkg file that is a fix and now the game works! But not for the rap file, but thanks to the fix pkg file I think.
I tried to install the Item pack 1 (file pkg) and then its rap file (no message as "NPEB019889") and the game stil, work, but it seems that the Item pack isn't activated becasue the mode where I have to use it is still locked... :(
I don't know how I can activate the Item pack...

The1stOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have never used PSNpatch (I thought that was to spoof to log on to PSN?), but I have tried reActPSN with a few PSN .pkg-files. Maybe you will have better luck with reActPSN too?
And if it's actually reActPSN you are trying this with, did you remember to create a user-account named "aa" from where you run reActPSN?

Last edited by The1stOne,

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, issue solved, now the item packs works

I still have problems with tekken tag tournament 2 and Hard Corps: Uprising. In both games even if I install DLC and rap/edat files, they are't active. I treied different version of the game, but every time same result: the installation was completed correctly, but the DLC aren't active. Do you have any suggestion?

thank you!

The1stOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm not sure what might be the error there.
Are you installing .rap-files both for the base-game and the DLC?
The only other thing I can think of is that the DLC is for a different version of the game (EUR vs USA vs JAP).

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
no no i'm absolutely sure, the DLC are for the same version. It's really strange because until now, these are the only 2 games where the DLC, even if activated correctly, aren't available :(
Speaking about tekken tak tournament 2, the DLC are free in the original game, they are only a free update. So i tried also not to install the pkg file and their rap/edat, but i only installed the game and then i downloaded directly the last update. I tried EUR and USA version, but same issue: even if the update was correctly installed, the bonus characters and stages arent available :(

Israelssiivaq1999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
no no i'm absolutely sure, the DLC are for the same version. It's really strange because until now, these are the only 2 games where the DLC, even if activated correctly, aren't available :(
Speaking about tekken tak tournament 2, the DLC are free in the original game, they are only a free update. So i tried also not to install the pkg file and their rap/edat, but i only installed the game and then i downloaded directly the last update. I tried EUR and USA version, but same issue: even if the update was correctly installed, the bonus characters and stages arent available :(

Well, i got this working

Access
nopaystation and search

Everything is working on rcps3 emulator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's certainly better than the first but it's not awesome either.