Gaming Impossible ScreenShot In Prima Games Guide?

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
20170711_144435.jpg

I'm not sure how this screenshot exists in my collectors edition prima guide but if you are actually playing the game yourself, this green star does not exist here.

In fact, it's actually located here in the level (source image from ign)

$

i've noticed a few other impossible screenshots like this in the guide, and i will post them when i find them again but i thought this was interesting enough to make a thread about because nobody else seemed to know about it. I will be looking through the whole book now for these and post as many as i can find X-X

make sure to lemme know what you think guys o3o

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
the pictures usually come from DEV builds\prototypes, basically from a state of the game in development
pictures of levels on guides that are not present in the final release is very common actually..
i seen a few which at first got me confused as well

Alex S

OP
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
the pictures usually come from DEV builds\prototypes, basically from a state of the game in development
pictures of levels on guides that are not present in the final release is very common actually..
i seen a few which at first got me confused as well

But the guide came out after the game's release. Its the hardback collectors edition. So it cant be that.(and even if was written before release somehow it would definitely be revised or changed by the time it reached this version.)

Last edited by Alex S,

Alex S

OP
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
many time guides have the WRONG screen shots for the part of game that the guide is explaining

Even the explanation is wrong because the star doesnt exist there.

Well obviously it hasn't.

Maybe i have a misprint? I might look for a digital version so i can see for myself.

Last edited by Alex S,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
But the guide came out after the game's release. Its the hardback collectors edition. So it cant be that.(and even if was written before release somehow it would definitely be revised or changed by the time it reached this version.)
even if they came out later it's normal that they are still based on early dev builds
a star in a place on the guide that doesn't exist in the final game is the perfect example of this..
a lot changes during the development of the games and last minute changes are also common, for example if the developers\tested thought getting that star was too easy or too dificult, its a common type of last minute change..

even though the guide comes later, keep in mind the people creating the guide need to take their time, they have to finish the game several times and write about it while they go, and they can't start building the game when it's still in a very alpha state..
getting a "pre-release copy" (a copy that is almost ready to ship) helps them going through the process of the guide creation faster

keep in mindthere are also regional differences, some guides base their info on the japanese releases. and when the games get translated they use that opportunity to fix and change minimal things..
try to play the japanese version of that game, there is a change the start is in that spot

ps: also the game trailers... there are plenty of game trailers with unused areas or things that don't get trough the final games
i remember portal 2, there was trailers made by valve with the "vaccum" tubes.. theese tubes are not present in the game, although you can use them if you create a level, but they are never seen in the story or challenge modes like it was annouced

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1