Hacking Importing Saves to the G6 Real

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get a save from another cart, working on my G6 Real.

I'm trying to get my Rocket Slime save from my CycloDS to work on my G6 Real. I converted the Evo save with Shuny's converter. Everything went fine, the converter gave me a .0 save file.

I then renamed the save file to exactly what the game is named, and then put it on my G6 Real. But my save wouldn't show up in the game. Then...i even tried using the same game file from the Evo also, along with the converted save file(so I tried the same game and the same save file from the other cart) on my G6 Real, but the save still wouldn't show up.

So...am I missing something? Am I doing anything wrong? I've rarely converted and used saves on other carts before, but I thought I was doing everything right.

Is there maybe another converter a should I try?

Thanks for any help.

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Rename the CycloDS save to xxx.1 and put it into G6 REAL

Using the G6 Copy Save function in the menu xxx.1 to current save

Finish.

Note: Everytime G6 start up will overwrite the xxx.0 from the SRAM, so U cant rename it as xxx.0 if u have played that game before

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the help ahtin. But I have to ask another stupid question, how do you use the copy save function?

I looked in the G6 Real Readme and it didn't mention anything, and I tried different button presses on the game. And only the Start button is doing anything. But I'm not getting any copy function.

So how do I use this feature?

Thank you for the help.

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I tried all five options after pushing Select(Default->1, Default->2, 1->Default, 2->Default, Blank), and the save is still not showing up. I also named the save file as:(game name).1 as you suggested.

No big deal though, I'll just keep playing the game on the Evo. Thanks.

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, to let anyone know that was also having trouble getting saves converted and working on the G6 Real, I found this converter:

http://www.zshare.net/download/335101077992d4/

It works great, my save is now working on my cart. For some reason. Shuny's converter just wouldn't do it. I don't know why. And this will work on the G6 Lite also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.