Importing Gateway saves to cia games

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by MattKimura, May 8, 2016.

1. Aslak

Aslak Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2017
    Finland
    I managed to do gateway save convert for all saves(for moving to B9S) but I happened forget one save which was my Bravely Default one.

Anyone possibly can convert it for me?

Attached Files:

2. havip503

havip503 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2014
    so literally I played pokemon games on GW w .3ds . So how do I import those saves to cia ? ( Im using luma rn but I can't roll back to gw anymore )

3. CityNinja

CityNinja Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2017
    United States
    So after trying to go back to Gateway fw only to make Luma3ds become stock fw and then having to buy a r4i gold to reflash it. I figure I'll ask for some one to please convert these for me.

Lesson learnt - When the forum posts says (in big red letters) "This will revert your 3ds to stock firmware do not use." It should be heeded.

Saves are for 3 games (I believe they are USA if it matters):

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
    Super Mario 3D Land
    Theatrhythm - Final Fantasy

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

4. Vandes

Vandes Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2014
    Italy
    Could theoretically the process be inverted?
    Can I use JKSM to export the save from an installed CIA game and import it on the currently mounted Gateway rom to obtain the corresponding .sav? What about encryption?

EDIT: I managed to try, and inverting the process works.

Last edited by Vandes, Nov 6, 2017
  5. smile72

smile72 NewsBot

Sep 23, 2010
    ???
    Been having a few problems transferring 3 saves as I simply cannot find them on my sd card. However when I load the games using Gateway I can access their save data. Also I have quite a few .savs on my sd card where I cannot find any titleid for so I'm just not sure which is which.

6. ryouga

ryouga Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2007
    Ok so a little clarification is needed thanks, I currently have 3 saves I want to backup (that being said not important ones) and one from Pokemon Y and currently use Gateway, I have the 3 normal saves but wanted a little clarity on what to do, im unclear if I need to mount the game then boot the software to export the save or not, (even more so for Pokemon)

7. vilars

vilars Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2015
    Singapore
    please can someone help me convert these save i don't have the gateway anmore

8. CityNinja

CityNinja Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2017
    United States
    yea been looking for some one for a couple of months and nada. :(

9. Stormwolf64

Stormwolf64 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2014
    Norway
    Thank you for writing such a guide, it's just a shame that it's a bit lacking. Are we required to be on gateway emunand for this process? or can it also be done on luma cfw? What do you mean on part 2 step 6? Certainly doesn't work for me on luma. Gateway cartridge was not part of the requirements either. Some of us aren't as informed and skilled in this as others, so please don't throw it in there without any explanations. Another weird thing. You don't mention .sav in any of the titleid's you mention. Surely they should have .sav at the end?

The part with the gateway and jk manager was where it fell apart for me. Doesn't work.

10. Ossevaolep

Ossevaolep Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2018
    Brazil
    I don't have a gateway flashcard and I don't know if there's a possibility of converting the .sav file to JKSM. Someone can help me with that?

11. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You need a Gateway card. You can ask people to convert for you, might get lucky. Unlikely to get someone to do more than 1 or 2 games saves for you though.

12. Ossevaolep

Ossevaolep Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2018
    Brazil
    Thanks for your reply. Is there any topic where I can ask for help? It's only for a single game (Hyrule Warriors Legends)...

13. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Not sure if there is a general topic, but you could try asking in the Noob Paradise thread or make your own topic. Or, you could try searching for someone asking the same thing and pm the person that helped them. Especially if the game is Hyrule Warriors since they'll already have the rom (may have to be the same region).

14. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    you'll need to look up the title id of the game you want converted. I believe gateway uses the title id+.sav for all saves. I can't recall which title id. I think it's the long one while the dumps are the short one (e.g AGME) for some reason.

15. Ossevaolep

Ossevaolep Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2018
    Brazil
    Where can I make the topic?

That's correct, the save Is already named as you said.

16. Velocity

Velocity Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2006
    Hi Guys,

I just have a couple of questions regarding this, so I recently purchased a N2DS, and I want to move from my 4.5 3DS with Gateway to CFW, but want to make sure I can take all my saves with me.
    1. Can I export on one DS and import on another?
    2. Is it possible to run JKSM without a CFW, like on emunand for example?
    Thanks,
    Vel

17. Ossevaolep

Ossevaolep Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2018
    Brazil
    1) you want to know if you can export you gateway saves to cia saves? Yes it is possible (read this https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/ ).

And if you don't mind could you convert a save for me? I'm desperatery searching someone who can do this :(

Quantumcat likes this.
  18. Velocity

Velocity Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2006
    Thanks I know you can export/import them (that's the whole purpose of this thread. All the instructions relate to doing it on the same DS, where as I want to export on one then import on another.

I don't actually have CFW running on either of my DS' yet, as I need to find the blue card for my gateway (which is annoying as I actually have 2...!) so that I can install the CFW which will enable to install cia files.

I am going to have a proper look for the card tomorrow, so do you want to upload the file then if I manage to find it I will convert it, otherwise I will have to wait for an r4i card I've ordered to arrive.

19. Ossevaolep

Ossevaolep Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2018
    Brazil
    the file is here: https://www.3ds-savegames.com/save/hyrule-warriors-legends/story-100-complete
    thanks for it in advance <3

20. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yes, just copy the JKSM folder to the other console after exporting and import.

Velocity likes this.