Homebrew Importing Animal Crossing NL Save from my Old 3ds to New 2ds not working

LittleLisi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
(sorry in advance if I'm breaking some rule here)

Hey people,

I recently bought a New 2DS Animal Crossing Limited Edition (European) and I tried importing my save file from my Old 3ds (American) using both JKSM and Checkpoint, neither of them worked, when I start my game on my New2ds it says the save file is corrupted (Both copies are digital)

Can someone help please?

Almost forgot to say, I imported my AC Happy Home Designer save with checkpoint and it worked just fine, wich makes me wonder if this is a region thing or not...

Reactions: godstriker8

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has something to do with the save data hash that was implemented in order to prevent people from loading up an older save file, if you have the full save of animal crossing new leaf then just get the garden.dat or garden_plus.dat file from your backed up save, plop it into this save data editor https://www.marcrobledo.com/acnl-editor/ and then just save it again without doing anything in order to update the hash and it should work fine now on your new 3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are slight differences between the Animal Crossing - New Leaf and Animal Crossing - New Leaf - Welcome Amiibo versions of the game.

I think you need to do some hex editing and name changing when going from one to the other. One of them has a file called garden.dat in the original AC:NL and as garden-plus.dat for AC:NL:WA.

Also, AC:NL has anti-cheat protection with something called the Secure Value. You can reset this by creating a dummy save profile on your target game, backup & restore that dummy save, and then try restoring the game with your actual *(backed up) save.

* Swap places of the files in the Checkpoint / JKSM title save folders.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: LittleLisi

LittleLisi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There are slight differences between the Animal Crossing - New Leaf and Animal Crossing - New Leaf - Welcome Amiibo versions of the game.

I think you need to do some hex editing and name changing when going from one to the other. One of them has a file called garden.dat in the original AC:NL and as garden-plus.dat for AC:NL:WA.

Also, AC:NL has anti-cheat protection with something called the Secure Value. You can reset this by creating a dummy save profile on your target game, backup & restore that dummy save, and then try restoring the game with your actual *(backed up) save.

* Swap places of the files in the Checkpoint / JKSM title save folders.

Did not work. I have the welcome amiibo version if I'm not mistaken (at least its written in the menu screen)
Also, when exporting the save file from my old3ds it doesn't have the normal "garden.dat" file, only the "garden_plus.dat" one and the other files

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It has something to do with the save data hash that was implemented in order to prevent people from loading up an older save file, if you have the full save of animal crossing new leaf then just get the garden.dat or garden_plus.dat file from your backed up save, plop it into this save data editor https://www.marcrobledo.com/acnl-editor/ and then just save it again without doing anything in order to update the hash and it should work fine now on your new 3ds

Tried that twice and it didn't work, same corrupted file message :(

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did not work. I have the welcome amiibo version if I'm not mistaken (at least its written in the menu screen)
Also, when exporting the save file from my old3ds it doesn't have the normal "garden.dat" file, only the "garden_plus.dat" one and the other files

Tried that twice and it didn't work, same corrupted file message :(

Care to share your Checkpoint (or JKSM) backed up save files? Maybe we can take a look at what's wrong it with.

You might be too new of a member to upload or post website links.

Upload an *.rar, *.zip, or *.7z archive of the folder with the save at a file sharing host. If you don't have a preference or don't know which to use,
I recommend 1fichier as it has the feature of removing your files if you use the removal link. Type your address like this : www . gbatemp . net

LittleLisi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Care to share your Checkpoint (or JKSM) backed up save files? Maybe we can take a look at what's wrong it with.

You might be too new of a member to upload or post website links.

Upload an *.rar, *.zip, or *.7z archive of the folder with the save at a file sharing host. If you don't have a preference or don't know which to use,
I recommend 1fichier as it has the feature of removing your files if you use the removal link. Type your address like this : www . gbatemp . net

https: // 1fichier.com/ ?7ud5samio2hipbvg1xvr

Well I think it worked lol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome Amiibo (EUR) with the Title ID of 0004000000198f00.

Check the attached file below. I used Checkpoint v3.4.2 to restore and re-back up the save. Only thing I did in the game was see the Mayor building past the menu screen and then exited out. Nice blue hair, lol.

PM'd you the password in case you want to keep your save private, even though you shared yours at 1fitchier.

Edit 1 - Let me know when you get and unzip it, so I can delete the file in this post.

Edit 2 - Archive deleted.

LittleLisi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome Amiibo (EUR) with the Title ID of 0004000000198f00.

Check the attached file below. I used Checkpoint v3.4.2 to restore and re-back up the save. Only thing I did in the game was see the Mayor building past the menu screen and then exited out. Nice blue hair, lol.

PM'd you the password in case you want to keep your save private, even though you shared yours at 1fitchier.

Edit - Let me know when you get and unzip it, so I can delete the file in this post.

It didn't work, same problem :(

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It didn't work, same problem :(

When you bought your EUR n2DSXL, was it brand new or pre-used?

Was it pre-hacked or did you hack it yourself?

Turn on the n2DSXL and hold (Select) button.
I would like to know what version custom firmware it is using if it is Luma3DS. You should see something like this:

luma_config.png

LittleLisi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When you bought your EUR n2DSXL, was it brand new or pre-used?

Was it pre-hacked or did you hack it yourself?

Turn on the n2DSXL and hold (Select) button.
I would like to know what version custom firmware it is using if it is Luma3DS. You should see something like this:

luma_config.png

It's brand new, I hacked it myself yesterday and I am using Luma v9.1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's brand new, I hacked it myself yesterday and I am using Luma v9.1

One of the first things I tell everyone who ever has a weird and unexplainable 3DS software issue is to do these steps.
  1. Copy everything off your SD card onto your computer.
  2. Reformat your card as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size. If it's bigger than 32 GB, use guiformat.
  3. While it's empty, do a Full Write + Verify Test with H2testw.
    • We want to be absolutely sure your SD card is free of hardware defects... And that it is not a fake.
  4. If it passes the test without error, delete the *.h2w test files. Copy all your stuff back onto the card.
Here's where things get trickier.

5. Try launching the AC:NL:WA (EUR) game again until you see the menu selection. Exit out.
6. In Checkpoint, backup and restore a dummy save. Name that save profile something like BLANK (doesn't matter).
7. If you see the LittleLisi (EUR) I sent you, try restoring that again.
8. Launch Animal Crossing and re-examine if your character came back.
You're at this point because it still hasn't worked out for you.

9. Download a *.cia copy of the original Animal Crossing - New Leaf (EUR) with Title ID of 0004000000086400.
  • I take it you're familiar with websites like that iso site.
10. Install the latest update for original AC:NL. It should be free to download in the Nintendo eShop.
  • Offline update *.cia can be found at said site.
11. Launch the game, exit out, and go to Checkpoint to backup and restore AC:NL.
12. On your computer, put a copy of the LittleLisi (EUR) folder into the 0x00864 - Animal Crossing folder.
13. Rename garden_plus.dat to garden.dat, and then try restoring the save.​

I have no clue if step 13 will work or not. If it does, continue with step 14.

14. Launch the original AC:NL (EUR) and check if your character was restored. If it was, exit back out.
15. Launch the AC:NL:WA game and use the Import Town feature to finally get your save on the right game.
  • See explanation in the posts #15 and #16 on what Import Town does.

I'm assuming steps 1 through 15 utterly failed you. My best guess is to why this happened is because your bundled special edition version of Welcome Amiibo is slightly different than the standard retail version where they're not cross compatible. Unless there's a later homebrew program or app that can convert your save to this supposed special edition game, you're left with:

16. Download a copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome Amiibo (EUR) found at that iso site.
17. Using FBI, install and overwrite your legit copy of the game with that copy.
  • Before you do that, you may back up your bundled version of the game using GodMode9.
    • Dumping a Title
    • Use the "legit" option if you want to keep your legit ticket. That will make a CIA only usable to your n2DSXL.
    • The "standard" option is for creating universally installable CIAs. This can be shared with anyone.
18. Try launching, exiting out, dummy save backup & restore, and actual save restore.
19. *Fingers crossed*​

LittleLisi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
One of the first things I tell everyone who ever has a weird and unexplainable 3DS software issue is to do these steps.
  2. Reformat your card as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size. If it's bigger than 32 GB, use guiformat.
    • We want to be absolutely sure your SD card is free of hardware defects... And that it is not a fake.
  4. If it passes the test without error, delete the *.h2w test files. Copy all your stuff back onto the card.

5. Try launching the AC:NL:WA (EUR) game again until you see the menu selection. Exit out.
6. In Checkpoint, backup and restore a dummy save. Name that save profile something like BLANK (doesn't matter).

9. Download a *.cia copy of the original Animal Crossing - New Leaf (EUR) with Title ID of 0004000000086400.
10. Install the latest update for original AC:NL. It should be free to download in the Nintendo eShop.
11. Launch the game, exit out, and go to Checkpoint to backup and restore AC:NL.
12. On your computer, put a copy of the LittleLisi (EUR) folder into the 0x00864 - Animal Crossing folder.

14. Launch the original AC:NL (EUR) and check if your character was restored. If it was, exit back out.
15. Launch the AC:NL:WA game and use the Import Town feature to finally get your save on the right game.

I'm assuming steps 1 through 15 utterly failed you. My best guess is to why this happened is because your bundled special edition version of Welcome Amiibo is slightly different than the standard retail version where they're not cross compatible. Unless there's a later homebrew program or app that can convert your save to this supposed special edition game, you're left with:

16. Download a copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome Amiibo (EUR) found at that iso site.
17. Using FBI, install and overwrite your legit copy of the game with that copy.
  • Before you do that, you may back up your bundled version of the game using GodMode9.
    • Dumping a Title
    • Use the "legit" option if you want to keep your legit ticket. That will make a CIA only usable to your n2DSXL.
    • The "standard" option is for creating universally installable CIAs. This can be shared with anyone.
18. Try launching, exiting out, dummy save backup & restore, and actual save restore.
19. *Fingers crossed*​

Wow thanks for helping me, Idk what to say lol
I'm gonna try this and report back to you later :)

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

LittleLisi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

• Dumping a Title
19. *Fingers crossed*​

Questions:
On step 10,whichone do I need to download, the update for new leaf, or the update that "transforms" it on welcome amiibo? And also if it works, the "Import town" option always show for me, the problem is, my game is a digital copy and it says for me to insert the game card. On step 17 you tell me to dump a title, but It also needs a game card. Do you think if I get a game card, put the save file on it and use the option "import town", I can put my save on the new 2ds?
Sorry for all this trouble, and thank you so much for helping me.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Questions:
On step 10,whichone do I need to download, the update for new leaf, or the update that "transforms" it on welcome amiibo? And also if it works, the "Import town" option always show for me, the problem is, my game is a digital copy and it says for me to insert the game card. On step 17 you tell me to dump a title, but It also needs a game card. Do you think if I get a game card, put the save file on it and use the option "import town", I can put my save on the new 2ds?
Sorry for all this trouble, and thank you so much for helping me.

Download the update for New Leaf and not the one that converts it to "Welcome Amiibo". This way, you have two copies of the game.

Also, I tried using your old save onto my copy of the original New Leaf (USA), and it works. You may need to keep that one file named as garden_plus.dat, have the latest v1.5 update installed, and then use Checkpoint to restore.

I first tried restoring the save with only the game (using garden.dat), then did the update, and the save was corrupt. Tried restoring the save again but with garden_plus.dat; this went through.

As for the Import Town option working only for cartridge-to-digital and not (original digital)-to-(Welcome Amiibo digital), I thought I read that it was possible do this somewhere... Guesss I'm wrong. If that option doesn't work, try the "transform" update with you save restored on original New Leaf (EUR).

Edit - I found out that Import Town only works for (original New Leaf cartridge)-to-(Welcome Amiibo digital). Total bummer.

LittleLisi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Download the update for New Leaf and not the one that converts it to "Welcome Amiibo". This way, you have two copies of the game.

Also, I tried using your old save onto my copy of the original New Leaf (USA), and it works. You may need to keep that one file named as garden_plus.dat, have the latest v1.5 update installed, and then use Checkpoint to restore.

I first tried restoring the save with only the game (using garden.dat), then did the update, and the save was corrupt. Tried restoring the save again but with garden_plus.dat; this went through.

As for the Import Town option working only for cartridge-to-digital and not (original digital)-to-(Welcome Amiibo digital), I thought I read that it was possible do this somewhere... Guesss I'm wrong. If that option doesn't work, try the "transform" update with you save restored on original New Leaf (EUR).

Edit - I found out that Import Town only works for (original New Leaf cartridge)-to-(Welcome Amiibo digital). Total bummer.

Which version I need to install for New Leaf that does not transform it into Welcome Amiibo?
My eShop shows these two \/

image 1.jpg
image 2.jpg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which version I need to install for New Leaf that does not transform it into Welcome Amiibo?
My eShop shows these two \/

View attachment 144484 View attachment 144485

They are both v1.5 updates.

The one on the left is for Welcome Amiibo, and the one on the right is the original New Leaf.

I think you're allowed to have both. That's kinda strange how EUR eShop has these.

The USA region eShop only offers one update that works for both. :/

Btw, How's the particularity of Continental Portuguese going for you? lol.

LittleLisi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

The one on the left is for Welcome Amiibo, and the one on the right is the original New Leaf.

I think you're allowed to have both. That's kinda strange how EUR eShop has these.

I did not understand the last thing you said, good sir XD

I downloaded the right update, and when I enter the game "Welcome Amiibo" still appears =/

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not understand the last thing you said, good sir XD
Nevermind. I was trying to ask if your EUR n2DSXL in (european?) Portuguese has any words that are spelled funny.

I saw the € sign in the pictures and your Brazil flag, and a thought came up in my mind about British vs American English. Which lead back to Portugal/Brazil Portuguese. Any Brits out there who wants to correct me that it's £, the thought stemmed from Brexit talks in the news.

Yah, it's a stupid question, and it has nothing to do with AC:NL saves. Moving on...

I downloaded the right update, and when I enter the game "Welcome Amiibo" still appears =/
Hah! I knew something was off. Okay, so that "Welcome Amiibo" update is the same one as the "original" update. This is how it's like for the USA update for both AC:NL and AC:NL:WA, and that's true for the EUR ones, too.

I don't know what it looks like browsing in the EUR Nintendo eShop, but the separate listings probably has to do with some EU market rules.

I think you hit a dead end. If you download that update, both your Animal Crossing games will be updated, but they stay separate. Original doesn't get converted into Welcome Amiibo, I'm afraid.

Looks like it'll be steps 16 to 19. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun