Hardware Importing a NEW 3DS , and having some concerns.

LastLink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, GBAtemp new user here. I've been lurking around before making my purchase of my first 3DS and I have some concerns. I'm thinking about purchasing NEW 3DS online ( http://www.play-asia.com/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-metallic-black-paOS-13-49-en-70-87i3.html ) even though its AUS and I live in the US. My logic is that once the newest Gateway 3DS is released I can use that to play games from any region. One of the things I'm concerned about is if I will be able to play play locally with my other friend and their 3DSs. Ive been told that some 3DS games have region-locked online multi-player, but i dont know about local play compatibility between differing regions.

Since this is my first 3DS it feels weird getting the older 3DS knowing that next year there might be better version out. I have called around in my local area and have found some US 3DSs that are at 4.5 firmware and that will be my next choice if importing a NEW 3DS is a bad idea.

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mostly all of the games are region-locked too, if you want compatible local multiplayer and not having to import every game you want to play then you should probably just wait 'til early next year for the North American release.

LastLink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking I would to be able to play any game from the U.S using Gateway Flashcart, because it has a region free.

xl_The_Jackal_lx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been keeping up with the 3DS scene lately, but will the new Gateway work on latest firmware?

Also I am not sure if you will be able to access the US network for multiplayer and such even if games are not region locked. Better look into it.

Personally I would just wait. Nintendo is bringing the New 3DS to the US and Europe next year.

Belmondo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
it might be slightly cheaper to get it from here https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/New-Nintendo-3DS-XL-Metallic-Black/22831763

at this stage it is uncertain if gateways 9.x features will = 4.x features e.g multi rom, region free, dev menu, ect. If you want to have a new 3ds that will be capable of using a flash card (9.x fw) in the near future then it would be best to import, worst case scenario you buy another new 3ds when it is released in the states.

Ailan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm loving the New 3DS. Gateway just released a video confirming region free on the new system. Mine arrived from Play-asia in 3-4 days. The 3D is not even comparable to the old 3ds, running multiple demos. Revelations, SSB, whole new games. Can't wait to try OOT. I'm really happy with the C-Stick, its got amazing accuracy and the lack of movement is a plus not a minus. It keeps your right hand more stable. I'm loving it. I really would suggest it. I think these things are going to be worth gold. US will not get a 9.0 firmware, I can bet money on that. Did a review here.
https://gbatemp.net/review/new-3ds-xl-aus-american-import.240/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely...