PS1/2 Importers Beware! PS3 is NOT Import Friendly..

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only region that affects is the EEA and its not the first time they have tried to stop imports being sold here.

Alot of UK retailers got served with notices to cease selling imported PSPs before the official EUR launch and a few got taken to court after ignoring it.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They claim its because of our safety standards but this is BS, they could and probably do make all systems to the highest safety standards in the world and it would be cheaper to make also.

I would say its a two fold issue, one is that you are taking console away from the people the deserve them in the country of origin. The other is money, but i'm not sure how it would affect them because they will loose money where ever its bought from and will make money on the games and accessories in the same way.

santakuroosu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
They claim its because of our safety standards but this is BS, they could and probably do make all systems to the highest safety standards in the world and it would be cheaper to make also.
I think that means that it takes time to be approved my the EU commision, not that the consoles are different.

MaD_mAnIaC

In a mad world, only the mad are sane
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i can understand europe receiving stuff later... if stock is not enough a region has to be sacrificed... and that region is europe most of the times unfotunately. what i don't understand is why sony always tryies to stop imports. i think consumers that import gaming consoles are usually "loyal" costumers, those kind of costumers that really like what the company has to offer, and will put is money on the product without thinking twice. this kind of costumers should get more respect from sony, not threaths to not import.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's because the money that a consumer pays to someone who sells it GOES to that person and not Sony. And when you realise that there are people who are probably willing to pay something like over £1000 for it, Sony would want that slice. I'll probably get it when I go to Hong Kong

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i just ask my friend in china to buy one and send it to me
biggrin.gif

Damn sony releasing the ps3 in march or may 2007 in europe
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat