Hacking [IMPORTANT] How to get HBC on Vigrin Wii 4.0

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Because there are 10 threads a day asking how to get the Homebrew Channel on a virgin Wii with Firmware 4.0, here is the guide.

Step 1

WAIT!

that's it. at this point there is no way. you can't with a mod chip either.

REASONS:

To put homebrew on via a modchip, you need the trucha bug in at least one IOS, which Nintendo has patched up in 4.0. The bug is completely gone.

No, you can't use MarioKart Wii to patch in a version of the Homebrew Channel because you would need the trucha bug, and on 4.0 it's gone.

No, you can't use the Twilight Hack, because Nintendo has disabled that as well. When you put the TPHack on your system menu, it will remove all "bad" code from it, rendering it a regular save file, with no hacks.

If you accidentally upgraded via the Update button, sorry, but your just going to have to wait.

If you bought your Wii with 4.0 on it, agian, sorry, but you'll have to wait.

marice

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you know this thread is on page 5 within hours,
and the newbs will continue spamming with these questions anyway?

zidane_genome

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, because people will keep bumping it, and hopefully it get's stickied for a short time... then agian, no one ever reads the stickies anyway...

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can reintroduce the trucha bug to 4.0 and there are a few thread in this board of how to do it.
But ofcourse you would need an exploit to do it on a virgin Wii and since the Twilight Hack doesn't work anymore you'll have to wait for something new like bannerbomb...

spawn844

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zidane_genome said:
No, because people will keep bumping it, and hopefully it get's stickied for a short time... then agian, no one ever reads the stickies anyway...

THis is correct HOWEVER people do read title names:P

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Let's discuss something to keep the thread up...

Slowking said:
You can reintroduce the trucha bug to 4.0 and there are a few thread in this board of how to do it.
But ofcourse you would need an exploit to do it on a virgin Wii and since the Twilight Hack doesn't work anymore you'll have to wait for something new like bannerbomb...

But how to do that on a Wii that was produced with 4.0? I think all new Wiis are "unsoftmoddable" ones, which can't run old IOS. How do you want to reintroduce the trucha bug without using a trucha capable IOS? I know you can install Waninkoko's new cIOS on these Wiis, but how do you do that without using the IOS35 trick?

Soplox

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Let's discuss something to keep the thread up...

Slowking said:

But how to do that on a Wii that was produced with 4.0? I think all new Wiis are "unsoftmoddable" ones, which can't run old IOS. How do you want to reintroduce the trucha bug without using a trucha capable IOS? I know you can install Waninkoko's new cIOS on these Wiis, but how do you do that without using the IOS35 trick?

So here is the proof that everyone has been wanting, this has the .dol loading code implemented. It only technically works on 3.2 at the time being but its a small fix to get it to work for the other versions (including 3.4 and 4.0). Comex is a bit busy right now so those versions will follow soon (like tomorrow or the next day).

The exploit is very simple, just put the file on your sd card (which will be a channel).
Go to the SD channel menu and a dialog will pop up, hit yes and it will load boot.dol from the root of the SD Card. It can load any .dol so this means you can run Homebrew on a Wii with ease if you don't want to fully Mod your Wii.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You seem not to understand the problem. On a "unsoftmoddable" 4.0 Wii you might be able to run code when an exploit is released. But how do you want to get a trucha compatible IOS?

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We already have one...by comex...its kinda (well, more than kinda) lame though, in how it works
tongue.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Bapao said:
Dueler said:
There is another option,
Learn how to code wii then make an exploit yourself then release it for everyone on a 4.0 xD
Yeah, let's code an exploit guys! [/sarcasm]

CODE
Attempting to triangulate point of post...
Point not found...
Error! Point deemed nonexistent.
Abort!

zidane_genome

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you need the trucha bug to install any cIOS, so at this point, it's kinda pointless to get the exploit... all you can run is the HBC, no softmods, no hd loaders, and I don't even think you can install WADs without a cIOS anymore, since all the IOS's are trucha fixed

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as the person on 4.0 doesn't have an "unsoftmoddable" wii, having the HBC installed via a future exploit will let him do the DVDX/IOS35 downgrade method to reintroduce the Trucha bug. Of course for the "unsoftmoddable" folks on 4.0 we'll have to see if they can ever crack those to the point of being able to downgrade them. After all the other stuff that's happened in the scene I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Davi92 said:
zidane_genome said:
you need the trucha bug to install any cIOS, so at this point, it's kinda pointless to get the exploit... all you can run is the HBC, no softmods, no hd loaders, and I don't even think you can install WADs without a cIOS anymore, since all the IOS's are trucha fixed
Are you sure about that?
tongue.gif

That downgrade process uses the Trucha bug since what it does is use a nonpublic exploit that allows an older IOS35 to be installed. This works fine for most of us, but an "unsoftmoddable" Wii on 4.0 wouldn't let you run anything off of the older version of IOS35.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
That downgrade process uses the Trucha bug since what it does is use a nonpublic exploit that allows an older IOS35 to be installed. This works fine for most of us, but an "unsoftmoddable" Wii on 4.0 wouldn't let you run anything off of the older version of IOS35.

Hmm... out of curiosity, please explain. I'm not sure what your definition of unsoftmodable is. I'm curious as to why, if the IOS35 did indeed install (I don't know much about this downgrader thing as I have absolutely no need for it), why System Menu 4 would magically block anything from using it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2