YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dmonkey21 said:
...The most useless thread ever... How are you helping by making a misleading thread title and then just telling people to wait for any way to do it, because you have no idea how to... Why would this ever be stickied...
dont cry.

i've a question.

since alot of us are on 4.0, why can we still install wads if the IOS' dont have the trucha bug?

is that to do with cIOS?

i personally have cIOSCORP installed (as i love to constantly point out and never shut up about XD) but does that actually replace nintendo's official IOS' with custom ones that have the trucha bug?
if so, thats what'll enable me to install wads i guess.

cheers.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can still install wads because you have cIOS, which isn't affected by the 4.0 update. Since Wad Manager 1.3.1 defaults to this IOS you can install wads with it. And yes, that's precisely what CIOSCORP does. You've overwritten most of Ninty's IOS's with variants of cIOS.

Basically once you've got your foot in the door with the HBC and cIOS you can do pretty much anything. Nintendo's strategy seems to be more aimed at securing future Wiis than to try eradicating the existing hacks.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what about the latest wad manager 1.4 then?

that one lets you choose which IOS to use (why would you want that anyways, there wouldnt be a difference in installing it using one to another right?)

anyways, if you havent installed cIOSCORP on 4.0, does that mean you could only use a cIOS or a patched IOS60? since the rest wouldnt be trucha signed?

EDIT: meant trucha bugged on that last sentence
tongue.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you have Waninkoko's cIOS installed and cioscorp installed then you have 20 IOS that have the trucha bug. That can't be compared to virgin 4.0 at all.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.4 letting you choose which IOS to use is just for more flexibility. Let's say that in the next update Nintendo included a dummy IOS249 to try to overwrite cIOS like they did with IOS254 and PatchMii. The cIOS Rev10 installer installs a copy of cIOS as IOS250 as a backup of IOS249, if you weren't aware of that.

Now assuming you performed that hypothetical update only to discover it took out cIOS, the backup IOS250 could then be used with Wad Manager 1.4 and other homebrew applications to downgrade or do whatever.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WiiPower said:
If you have Waninkoko's cIOS installed and cioscorp installed then you have 20 IOS that have the trucha bug. That can't be compared to virgin 4.0 at all.

sorry, i just wondered if it was only IOS249 witth trucha bug and a patched IOS60 that would work on 4.0 without cIOSCORP

QUOTE(FenrirWolf @ May 6 2009, 06:35 PM) 1.4 letting you choose which IOS to use is just for more flexibility. Let's say that in the next update Nintendo included a dummy IOS249 to try to overwrite cIOS like they did with IOS254 and PatchMii. The cIOS Rev10 installer installs a copy of cIOS as IOS250 as a backup of IOS249, if you weren't aware of that.

Now assuming you performed that hypothetical update only to discover it took out cIOS, the backup IOS250 could then be used with Wad Manager 1.4 and other homebrew applications to downgrade or do whatever.

ahaaaaa very clever indeed
tongue.gif
i never knew anything about this IOS254 overwrite... what was that used for? and where the hell was i when i missed it?? XD what happens if nintendo decides to 'dummy' both 249 and 250, then what?

they really shouldnt have just gotten rid of the IOS254, should have used it for something else, like wii speak support lol

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed. in oreder to find a way around nintendo's recent solutions we would have to find ways around there secured patching of the system.... they have blocked most of the old downgrade methods that had once been used. While it has been determined that 3.4 wii's with the newest hardware set can indeed be fixed there is curently no way on 4.0 wii's with that hardware set.......In order to solve this we would have to find a new way of installing a CIOS or other form of wad file.

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i updated a Wii to Firmware 4.0 (i didn't buy it like that) and i haven't installed any type of homebrew.
is that still considered a "virgin" Wii?
can i install the HBC on this Wii?

4ndy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
priapism said:
i updated a Wii to Firmware 4.0 (i didn't buy it like that) and i haven't installed any type of homebrew.
is that still considered a "virgin" Wii?
can i install the HBC on this Wii?

If you have never installed anything, yes its considered a 4.0 virgin wii.

Sorry
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte