Important Dire Question

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Spy Pirate Shado, Jun 15, 2007.

Jun 15, 2007
  1. Spy Pirate Shado
    OP

Newcomer Spy Pirate Shado Newbie

United States
    Ok now that I got your attention, here's my story...I Been a member of these forums for sometin like 3 years and I deeply appreciate the kindness and insight of most of da foke here. In interest of remaining anonymous, I came up wid a fake name to throw off anybody who might be done interested in some [​IMG] sabotage. So yah. Dats da skinny.

Anyhoo, here's my story. Ahem. I'm not sure what advice I'm looking for exactly, but something came to my mind tonight and I dont quite know what I'd do if presented with the situation. There's this guy that I liked, and for a time liked me, I knew this through what you would call "High school drama", back in high school but I never gave dating him a chance because I was obsessed with this other guy, who didnt like me in that way...just as friends. Anyway I dont think Ive regretted a choice more in my life and I suppose lost a chance with someone that I've thought about all the time since then. I didnt realize what was smack dab in front of me.

Okay, I could write a book about everything that happened since then...and I dont want to go much into it now. Suffice it to say, I have a boyfriend now for a few months who is great, but here's the thing: I dont know if I'm in love and like I said I never was able to stop thinking about that guy. So anyways, we started innocently talking (I'm not underemphasizing it....REALLY INNOCENT) just like about jobs, crap like that.

It occurred to me however, that sometime in a conversation, something might come up like "How's Biff?" or "How are you and Biff?"...and I seem to distinctly remember going through something like this a year or so ago...and like BAM...didnt talk for like a year. I got the impression that he was maybe interested, after all we had been through, all the drama (which I never mentioned here...) and with the discussion of my boyfriend, it...seemed to all go kaput.

So my question is this: What do I say if that question comes up again? I am a good person and would not want to lie about being with someone still, or dramatize any mild relationship discontent for the sake of keeping things available...thats bad mojo. And let me mention that my boyfriend is very good to me...I won't go into any specifics but...I guess I feel guilty for not being as obsessed with him as he is with me. The main thing here is that, I know its all overly sentimental and everything, and I keep trying to convince myself that I've just built up the thought of this guy or whatever, and that theres more than one person for everyone....but I can't shake that "soulmate" feeling.

But thats all for another time, if anyone would be interested in all that crap. For now my question is, what do I say to that dreaded "How's Biff?" question?

P.S: Many specific details in this post were...how you say...ninja-fied. I.E: I'd probably be more interested in a guy's point of view, nudge nudge...

2. cruddybuddy

Banned cruddybuddy Group: Banned!

United States
    So... what you're saying is, you're gay.

P.S. - Don't go out with Biff anymore. Biff is a mofo that steals time machines and uses sports almanacs to change the future. That's pretty damned rude if you ask me.

P.P.S. - In order to really help you out, we're going to need to know if you and Biff have "done it" yet.

3. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Just be honest, with him and with you. If you'd rather be with someone else, then try to do it.

Sorry for the short answer, it's late here, I need to sleep.

BTW, anyone with mod powers can track your IP, I hope you used a good proxy [​IMG].

4. Spy Pirate Shado
    OP

United States
    lol cruddy, actually no, but that would make more sense with all the ninja stuff eh?

5. MC DUI

Member MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Seems pretty simple to me, if you aren't happy in your current relationship then leave.

Don't worry about all this tip-toeing around trying not to say the wrong thing.

6. Spy Pirate Shado
    OP

United States
    well, I dont know if its that simple....Ive thought about it tons of times, and I guess it comes down to this...God this makes me sick :-/

1: Guy I'm with is amazing. Alot of times when I have doubts, there are things that reaffirm my stance I guess you could say. Oh yeah, three months: Ninjafied.

2: Guy I never had a chance with is just that. But this demeans the whole thing: How can you think about someone almost every day, even when you're in a great relationship...even dream about them, to the point you're worried you might say something in your sleep...and ignore that?

Again. Specifics=ninjafied.

7. Spy Pirate Shado
    OP

United States
    Alright...this has gone on too long tonight. i gotta go to sleep: I work at Disneyland and Chip and Dale gotta be awake for the photos with kids, right?

8. RedIce

Member RedIce GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    Guy you're with is great, you say? ask for 2 weeks, off, that you need to do something that you'll tell him later, when you feel confortable discussing it, and go out and find more about the guy you never had.

Maybe you'll find you don't want anything else, maybe you'll find you do, but no sense in ignoring yourself.