Import Game Saves from GBA Cartridge

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Rsrv, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Rsrv
    OP

Rsrv Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2013
    United States
    Hello everyone. I would like to start out by saying that I am new here and if this topic is posted in the wrong section then I am deeply sorry and would like a moderator or a staff member to move it to the appropriate section. Thank you.

With that being said, lets move on to the point of this thread. I am in need of information. I recently downloaded a GBA Emulator on my iPad titled "GBA4iOS." This app did not come from the app store, and my device is not jailbroken in any way shape or form.

As a young boy, I spent many hours (42 to be exact) playing a game titled "Pokemon Fire Red" on my Game Boy Advance. This game was my favorite game for a long time, and I accomplished everything possible on the game. I downloaded a ROM for Pokemon Fire Red on my emulator for my iPad.

My question: Is it possible for me to import my Game Boy Advance save on to my iPad so that all of my Gameboy accomplishments will be on my iPad too?

Please give me any and all suggestions. I am willing to do virtually anything to have this task fulfilled.

Regards ~ Rsrv

2. hisagishi

hisagishi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 22, 2013
    United States
    I don't know of a way other than buying some rather expensive hardware. Though 42hours isn't much to be proud of. You can get that back in less than a week of playing a couple hours a day. Why would you want to even port in a fully complete save?

"Is it possible for me to import my Game Boy Advance save on to my iPad so that all of my Gameboy accomplishments will be on my iPad too?
    Please give me any and all suggestions. I am willing to do virtually anything to have this task fulfilled."

Those two sentences seem extremely neckbeard ish and kinda gross me out tbh.

3. Rsrv
    OP

Rsrv Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2013
    United States
    Haha, i see what you mean.

Still, my GBA isnt holding up too well anymore and I don't really want to do all of this all over again. When I was a kid, I had all the time in the world. Now that I am grown up, free time is harder to come by.

4. jumpman1229

jumpman1229 SUPER BOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

Mar 2, 2013
    United States
    Maryland
    Actually it is possible. I do it all the time. You need Rudolph's GBA backup Tool and a DS flash cart to get saves off of real games

Margen67 likes this.
  5. hisagishi

hisagishi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 22, 2013
    United States

Can you uh, maybe put a link to a tutorial?

Margen67 likes this.
  6. Rsrv
    OP

Rsrv Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2013
    United States
    Yeah man please post a tutorial!

Margen67 likes this.
  7. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.
    You don't need a tutorial for an app that displays the instructions on the bottom screen at all times.

Margen67 likes this.
  8. jumpman1229

jumpman1229 SUPER BOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

Mar 2, 2013
    United States
    Maryland