Gaming Import friendly DS games

jessew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
a lot of the japanese games are impossible to get the gist of since I can't read Japanese. Does anyone know of any games that either have English mode or are simple enough to figure out without words?

Also something I am looking for are DS games released in Europe but not USA. The only one I can think of right now is that silly Tingle game.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, Jump Ultimate Stars is really hard to understand (actually impossible) without knowing Japanese. That's why they're working on a translation project
wub.gif

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't see that Jump Ultimate Stars is a hard game to understand. I personally don't know a lick of Japanese yet I still win my fair share of matches online. All you need to do is have a good guide for a couple of missions but apart from that, the icons or the menu are pretty easy to navigate.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I agree. : \ I actually found JUS really easy to understand, and the only japanese I know is how to say "hello" and "what?" >__> The missions are even easy. It's usually the same 5-6 things for every single world.

Some other games that are import friendly...
Taiko no Tatsujin
Oendan 1 and 2
Phoenix Wrights 1-3 (They are all out in the US now, though)
Bleach 2 DS

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree. : \ I actually found JUS really easy to understand, and the only japanese I know is how to say "hello" and "what?" >__> The missions are even easy. It's usually the same 5-6 things for every single world.

Taiko no Tatsujin
Oendan 1 and 2
Bleach 2 DS

very true, i thought JUS would be hard to read but, its pretty easy to understand, there is even some English on some things. And were making a translation if you have a flashcard
tongue.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiko no Tatsujin
Oendan 1 and 2
Bleach 2 DS

Hold it. Gyakuten Saiban would be near impossible for someone to play without knowledge of Japanese. Think about all the times you will need to employ trial and error when presenting evidence, etc.

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

jessew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
see, I'd just play the American version. Are there any reasons for playing it on japanese with english turned on rather than just playing the US version?

I'm definitely going to check out J!US, and also Taiko no Tatsujin, although I am not a big fan of rhythm games.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No there is no advantage of playing the Japanese version with an English setting unless the Japanese version is released a considerable while before the localization has been released.

Are you actually planning to import these games or are you just going to pirate them?

Sendoh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Nodame Cantabile isn't too bad either. It's a rhythm game like Ouendan. You may not be able to understand the story mode, but the gameplay is definitely fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte