Homebrew Import Dolphin save to Wii U via SaveMii?

AmberDambey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Brand new to GBAtemp, so don't expect me to immediately read any replies. So, I have an issue. I normally play my Wii games in Dolphin. Recently, I wanted to try them on the Wii U, since my computer isn't powerful enough for a few games. So, I install the necessary homebrew to my vWii and all my games. I also install "SaveMii Mod" to my Wii U. So I go in Dolphin and export the savefiles for my games. They are all single "data.bin" files, however SaveMii expects more than the "data.bin" file. So I tried backing up Wii savefiles for a game I own physically on disc. The savefile consists of a "banner.bin" and "save.dat" file. Is there any way I can convert my "data.bin" file into the necessary files? Also, I tried replacing the BIN with both files, and nothing worked. If anyone can help, thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
data.bin is the file that is created when you import the save directly using an sd card. is that what you're doing? it needs to be in the private folder/title id iirc. don't know if it will work, but that's what they're called (all data.bin). the one with the banner.bin and save.dat sounds decrypted.

AmberDambey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
data.bin is the file that is created when you import the save directly using an sd card. is that what you're doing? it needs to be in the private folder/title id iirc. don't know if it will work, but that's what they're called (all data.bin). the one with the banner.bin and save.dat sounds decrypted.
Yes, you're on the right track. I'm looking for a way to decrypt the data.bin files into the banner.bin and save.dat files.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you can. it may actually be decompressed, not decrypted, but I'd have to check with save manager gx. data.bin files can be imported through the private folder like this one. all saves are named this way:

upload_2021-7-10_14-59-16.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm not sure what game that is though. you need to do the official way of importing, which works on the wii u btw. that may work for you.

Reactions: AmberDambey

AmberDambey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you can. it may actually be decompressed, not decrypted, but I'd have to check with save manager gx. data.bin files can be imported through the private folder like this one. all saves are named this way:

View attachment 269660

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm not sure what game that is though. you need to do the official way of importing, which works on the wii u btw. that may work for you.
The SD method worked. Thanks!
Edit: SaveMii can extract them from here.

Last edited by AmberDambey,
Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs