ImpalerWadInjector problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by bradzx, Nov 29, 2011.

Nov 29, 2011

ImpalerWadInjector problem by bradzx at 4:54 PM (2,431 Views / 0 Likes) 36 replies

1. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    I need help here. I just do inject Super Mario World hack to Super mario world wad. But I got error message. It said rom size is too large. How come it large? 4mb is really small size. Did I something go wrong? I need help here.

2. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Wads are dangerous and have very low compatibility. Use Snes9xGx instead; it's a lot more stable and reliable than VC wad injection. They're dangerous due to high risk of bricking (especially if the banner/jpeg is the wrong size).

3. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    I already use Snes9x GX to use super mario world hack but most of them wont work. Only it work smw hack on pc. But I notice some people do that when I am watching on youtube. How did they do right rom size?

4. the_randomizer

United States
    Are you sure they're playing the ROM on Sne9xGx? If it's expanded, it should work on Snes9xGx just fine, and chances are that they're using Zsnes, which apparently is a very ROM hack friendly emulator in comparison (the fact it has crappy SPC700 emulation makes me not want to use it). I've loaded expanded ROMs on Snes9xGx before. And WAD injection is severely limited and doesn't work with heavily modified and/or expanded ROMs.

5. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    I test the hack rom for smw. Most of smw hack not work. Some of them work. My SNES9X GX version is 1.53. I believe it is not same as before for 1.52 version because most hack smw is work. Now turn to 1.53, it seem most hack smw seem not worl. I wonder why it different between 1.53 and 1.52. And I didn't expand it. I just patch the rom, that all. So that mean I do something wrong for wad, right?

6. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    ImpalerWadInjector and Auto Injectuwad Injector totally suck. I try both for super mario world hack turn to wad and both are same thing. You called that injection wad? To me, it look lame to me. Don't ask me until I hear update coming around. They didn't good job at all.

7. the_randomizer

United States
    Perhaps the guy who ported Snes9x to the Wii would know more about that. He goes by the name dborth and is here on GBATemp every now and then. Maybe you could send a personal message. The difference between 1.52 and 1.53 are more accuracy changes, as emulator hacks are no longer needed; this may be why the ROM hack doesn't work. Try an earlier version such as Snes9xGx 4.2.5 or 4.2.6 when it was based off of 1.52.

8. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    Well I am not interest smw hack on SNES9X GX. I just want hack game turn to wad. Just like Z3: Parallel World. How that person do that? Didn't make a sense. Where I can find it right guy know all about stuff for injector wad?

9. the_randomizer

United States
    Like I said, Wads can only be injected with certain specific ROMs, and that number is severely limited. Hacked ROMs cannot be injected into VC Wads, only original unaltered dumped ROMs will work. Not to mention they are potentially dangerous and will most likely brick your Wii. I don't know why you don't want to use an emulator when it's so much better than the Snes Virtual Console. Surely, you can ask the person in the video to make a tutorial...? Can you link the video here? Something seems a little off about this guy's whole "injected a hacked ROM into a VC wad".

10. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    ????? Brick on my wii? What that suppose to mean?

11. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Of course they can be injected, I'll may write a tutorial today how to inject roms into wads properly :P

12. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    Hey Fix. What random talking about? Brick on my wii. What is that mean?

13. FIX94

Germany
    :lol: Well, a "brick" means in the wii scene that your console is broken. Yeah, this can happen with bad packed wads, a reason why I would never trust such a injector program. Could you please tell me a example hack for super mario world and a game which doesn't work with such a injector? I wanna take a look at it.

14. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    O.O That mean....I was download Z3 Parallel World that I found in wii wad website....Am I too late for that?

15. FIX94

Germany
    You can try it but be very careful with wads downloaded from the net. BTW it's no problem at all to inject this hack into the a link to the past wad here if I do it correctly and manually :P
    edit:
    Here is a short explanation of the correct way:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

16. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    If it ok with that, then that mean I can wad hack from Goddess of Wisdom? Z3 hack.

17. FIX94

Germany
    You can try to inject what you want sure.

18. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    Ok but I don't want brick my wii. If already brick, then how I can get rid of it and back to normal? Let me guess. ModMii?

19. FIX94

Germany
    Brick=Brick, your wii is most likely dead then. Don't trust wad files from the net and never uninstall IOS, this is what you need to know. Oh and to install the created wad use ios236 or ios249.

20. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    Oh..Well I guess I have to use Mod Mii to get that. Right?