Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Berthenk said:
One thing I'm interested in is the source. Will you release it? I just recently started to get into coding (only HTML yet, to become familiar with programming), and I'd love to see it.
Yep... Anyway at least I want to know whether DSTWO SDK has .plg loader...

BassAceGold

Testicles
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The DSTwo sdk does not have a plugin loader. Spinal had to request the code from the Supercard team who instructed him not to release. Maybe once the SDK is publically released you can check with the team and see if you can get a copy of the code.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BassAceGold said:
The DSTwo sdk does not have a plugin loader. Spinal had to request the code from the Supercard team who instructed him not to release. Maybe once the SDK is publically released you can check with the team and see if you can get a copy of the code.
Oh...
But I cannot believe SDK is publically released and they won't seem to reply my email. Also, they don't seem to add autoboot feature.
(Though even R4iTT(just a DSTT clone) has autoboot feature!)
I should abondon MoonShell extlink and buying DSTWO...

Or there can be an extlink implementation, but it requires "one NDS in one folder" (much pain), as it uses EnterLastDirWhenBoot...
#This bad implementation has actually been added to nds.inilink.nds, but it isn't documented (UseEOS=1 for DSONE EOS).
#If only "favorites" existed, I could use a workaround...
Another implementation is moving target NDS to /extlink_eos/, then iniclear moves it back to the folder in which it were... But more practical?

Well, once they said "you can write a function to load our rom loader file", but now I'm thinking "They don't tell me details... meaning it can be done theoretically, but it needs analyzing dsgame.nds so cannot be done practically, sucks."

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I don't think that supercard will add an autoboot feature, not anytime soon anyay. I'm not sure if I would add such a feature to iMenu anyway, I only run homebrew emulators these days anyway, DS games have been getting worse and worse over the past couple of years, I stopped buying them a long time ago.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
The htc clock is cool
smile.gif
I think it suits the ui

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country
This looks great spinal! i just kinda have an idea for something you could possibly include if you knew how

Idea1.png

Idea2.png

The game cover would be shown on the top screen on the icons you select

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hmm
unsure.gif
- 'Lumnous' didn't actually mention 'Commercial game loading'

Maybe he's thinking about the ability of having custom 'covers' for homebrew games - a bit like 'DSKiosk' does with it's buttons
20081214_DsKiosk_(12-12-2008)_(NDS_Application).png
maybe this might make it clearer =>>>
Idea.png

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
Hmm
unsure.gif
- 'Lumnous' didn't actually mention 'Commercial game loading'

Maybe he's thinking about the ability of having custom 'covers' for homebrew games - a bit like 'DSKiosk' does with it's buttons
20081214_DsKiosk_(12-12-2008)_(NDS_Application).png
maybe this might make it clearer =>>>
Idea.png
Yeah ^^ thats what i mean and the game icons would be on the bottom, like proffesor laytons has him smiling but on the top screen it would show the boxart

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He posted in the other forum that his computer fried or something so it's on hold. He also said he was going to be releasing it in it's current beta state which is pretty well made with a few known glitches.

Code:
Development is on hold for a little while, until I get my computer sorted out 
The first public beta, when released, will be in a similar state to the current private beta. That is, it will work, but wont have much in the way of 'features'. Icons are the same as the current format plus an 8bit alpha mask image and the backgrounds can be 16 or 24bit, you will be able to scroll the icons and load them by tapping on one. Anything intended to be added after that will be a while longer.

But you will all have to wait at least a couple of weeks fir the first beta I'm afraid.

Code:
It needs a couple of tweaks before the public release, mostly I want to get the file/folder structure right, so that you guys don't need to go through editing all of your files after the third release or something silly like that. Also, there is some text that I want to remove from the menu.
That will all have to wait a couple of weeks though, I had to order a recovery disk from my computer manufacturer because the one I have doesn't work so my main computer is unusable.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just started using iMenu today and love it! Works great, had a few problems, but those were just because I forgot to add a / or forgot to add the mask, other than those I like the feel to it.
Also I ported other my Lucario skin to work on iMenu.
happy.gif

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=13186

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an issue with switching between pages. For some reason, it always starts an app/acts fidgety when I flick the screen sideways.
You have to make the icons not react to being held.

Also, can you program 'argv' into the iMenu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche