Imagining the Ultimate Switch dock with all the unique features already available in various different Switch docks

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I would never expect such a thing to ever actually be on the market, in theory something like this would be feasible, as everything incorporated already exists to some capacity in a Switch dock of some sort, be they official or third party.

Switch Pro Dock.jpg

Everything you see in this little mockup appears in some form of Switch dock on the market. Up front it includes all of the features of the OLED dock, including the LAN Ethernet port. Additionally, there are third party docks that can double as a charging stand while playing in tabeltop mode, there are third party docks that have GameCube controller ports built right into them, negating the need for the GameCube controller 4-port adapter. There are third party docks with more than 3 USB ports, there are third party docks with built in speakers, and there are even at least 2 third party docks with a built in screen projector.

Now I took some liberties to make mine more ultimate, the available screen projector docks can output up to a 100" screen, and 1 can go up to 720p. But after looking into it, there are modern projectors that run for less than $100 and can still output up to 1080p with 100", this should be feasible therefore to build in a similar dock for the Switch. I also made an assumption in the description about GameCube games, it's very possible they never join Switch Online, but if they do, it would quickly increase the value of having built in GameCube controller ports.

I know something like this will never be in the books, but this would be such a cool way to say start off the Switch 2 with 2 models. A standard model with a dock similar to the OLED Switch dock, and a deluxe model that would probably have to cost at least an extra $150 or so that would come with this ultimate dock with the build in projector, speakers, GameCube controller ports, etc.

Totally unnecessary, I know, but man I would eat something like this up so quick.

Reactions: hippy dave

Imagina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
this dock would be perfect/ultimate with a cavity made for the m classic upscaler to plug in the hdmi port slightly inserted / backtracked into the dock, or maybe just embedded into the innards of the dock in some fashion.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You would burn the thing if docked and projecting, as the air flow vents would be obstructed by YO MAMMA!

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would burn the thing if docked and projecting, as the air flow vents would be obstructed by YO MAMMA!
There were 2 Switch docks with built in projectors, including the very small and compact YesOJO dock, and as far as I'm aware, melting was never an issue.

And yeah my mockup lacks vents, I imagine there would be many in the back, but beyond that, I'm sure if something like this were to be made real, enough design testing would be done to find where vents should be placed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: