Gaming I'm wondering how to install themes on my R4

Dr.Stiles

OP
Trophies
Website
www.quatchibars.blogspot.com
XP
Country
How do I install themes on my R4? I used to have themes on it, but then they updated the firmware so i replaced it with the latest, but the latest didn't have the themes folder in it, and I'm wondering where I put the folder: In the _system_? And if so, where? Please help me. I already have some themes except I need help putting them in.

Tanmay

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I got my R4 i thought the same.
There is two ways
1.Download your theme and extract all the files to the _system_ folder
2.Make a folder called themes in _system_ and in the folder themes make theme01, theme02 so on (P.S. press select to change the theme when you are at the r4 screen(P.S. You can make the themes up to theme12(P.S. sorry for saying P.S. so much(P.S. I like saying P.S.))))

Dr.Stiles

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Tanmay said:
There is two ways
2.Make a folder called themes in _system_ and in the folder themes make theme01, theme02 so on (P.S. press select to change the theme when you are at the r4 screen(P.S. You can make the themes up to theme12(P.S. sorry for saying P.S. so much(P.S. I like saying P.S.))))

Lol, I haven't tested it yet, But I WILL. Thanks for the tip, and...

P.S(xD) Thanks again and WELCOME to GBAtemp!

EDIT
Thanks, it works, my problem was that the folders were in Capitals, well, the first letter. Thanks again!

davislim

Trophies
Website
davis91lim.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
Senegal
juz some advance tips if u gotten some themes tat won't show etc.

1)make sure ur R4 themes pic (logo.bmp, icons.bmp, bckgrd_1.bmp, bckgrd_2.bmp)(MUS HAVE 4)are in the size of 144kb
if they r not....use the skin (given together wif official firmware) juz copy pic n paste to the 144kb one(skins r in 144 size)
2)make sure the resolution r correct:- 256x192 pixel
3)if there is no theme.ini file juz copy other themes' (ones) n paste it to tat theme folder
4)get used to it n mayb you b making themes yourself
laugh.gif

Dr.Stiles

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
davislim said:
juz some advance tips if u gotten some themes tat won't show etc.

1)make sure ur R4 themes pic (logo.bmp, icons.bmp, bckgrd_1.bmp, bckgrd_2.bmp)(MUS HAVE 4)are in the size of 144kb
if they r not....use the skin (given together wif official firmware) juz copy pic n paste to the 144kb one(skins r in 144 size)
2)make sure the resolution r correct:- 256x192 pixel
3)if there is no theme.ini file juz copy other themes' (ones) n paste it to tat theme folder
4)get used to it n mayb you b making themes yourself
laugh.gif

Yeah, I noticed some themes weren't compatible. Now I know why. xD

padre182

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr.Stiles said:
Tanmay said:
There is two ways

Lol, I haven't tested it yet, But I WILL. Thanks for the tip, and...

P.S(xD) Thanks again and WELCOME to GBAtemp!

EDIT
Thanks, it works, my problem was that the folders were in Capitals, well, the first letter. Thanks again!

Thanks for the mention of capitalisation - none of the videos or other help has mentioned that (I kept downloading skins, moving cart to DS, booting, hitting select to find no change - frustrating!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: