im wanting to jailbreak my ipod touch 4g with a cracked screen

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by digipokemaster, Dec 19, 2012.

1. digipokemaster
    OP

Member digipokemaster Innocent Uke

United States
    hi i have a ipod touch 4g and im going to replace it with a new one since it screen is cracked but i thought i jailbreak this one and was wondering what i can do after i jailbreak it and it my first time doing it

2. Latiken

Member Latiken GBATemp's Epic Fusion

United States
    Well you can get a gba emulator and snes/nes emulator. You can pretty much do anything on a jailbroken iPhone or iPod. If you decide to jailbreak get redsn0w. And only trust the Dev Team. Any other team will most likely install a virus on your idevice.

3. Izen

Member Izen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is just a blatant lie. Neither the Chronic Dev team (greenpois0n), comex (Spirit, Jailbreakme 2.0 and 3.0, also a part of Team Twiizers), geohot (limera1n, the whole PS3 fiasco) nor pod2g (Corona exploit, used in absinthe 1.0 and modified for use in absinthe 2.0) have ever released any malware of any sort, and they've all added great amounts to the JB scene. Do your research before carelessly slandering groups.

4. Latiken

United States
    Yeah we'll I'm going by what I've heard and seen. Different people have different opinions. I was just sayin that the Dev Team is very reliable and (I think) are the only ones who have released a true working jailbreak on iOS 6.0.1.

5. 3bbb7

Member 3bbb7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    none of the other ones are malware. they're just fakes. Just because theyre fake doesnt mean theyre malware.
    Also where did u even hear that? Ive never heard that before ever.

6. Latiken

United States
    Ok I never clearly said the others were malware. I was just giving this guy some help because he asked for some. Like I said before, I think the Dev Team are the only ones to release a working jailbreak on iOS 6.0.1.

7. 3bbb7

Member 3bbb7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    http://www.ijailbreak.com/ is a good place for jailbreak news. they have a download section and have the latest news for jailbreaking

8. Izen

United States
    ih8sn0w's sn0wbreeze can jailbreak A4 and earlier devices on iOS 6.0.1.

9. Latiken

United States
    Oh is it tethered , semi tethered, or untethered? Because last time I checked the only jailbreak available was semi tethered.

10. Izen

United States
    All jailbreaks for iOS 6 are tethered, except for the 3GS with the old bootrom, which can be to be jailbroken untethered on any iOS version. A semi-tether would be possible by installing the SemiTether tweak from thebigboss repo in Cydia. I don't think it officially supports iOS 6, but some quick googling claim it works. No jailbreaking application will install a semi-tether without you providing it with the .deb, as far as I know.