Hacking I’m trying to uninstall Enso but keep getting “failed to load module”.

Shadowmoon25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get this error when I run the Enso app to uninstall it:

Failed to load kernel module: 0x8002d003

Press any key to exit this application.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(maybe you installed one of the non-stable, nightly builds of retroarch, but there is a fix)

Factor Restore Delete all Internal memory
1. 3.60 firmware, goto henkaku.xyz/go/, run that install "molecule shell", install "vitaRW", now remove the "FEATURE PAGE", install "enso installer", when you run the program it will ask you to "REINSTALL 3.60 FIRMWARE"

2. 3.65 Firmware, (if you had enso installed before after Factory Restore), run PSVIMGTOOLS and install "VITA SHELL" from the "Easy Installer" option, now run the official 3.65 uninstaller, that should solve the problem.

(since you can't just reinstall the 3.65 firmware, you must uninstall "ENSO", then you can upgrade to 3.68 or keep 3.65 firmware, assuming you have not modified any other files outside of ux0, like vs0 or, certain ur0 files, that require a firmware reinstall to fix properly)

3.68 is the most Stable firmware for vita or "H-ENCORE", the reasons is, unless you damage systems files your self, it doesn't rely on a permanent boot installation that requires removal like 3.60 and 3.65, just update. I tested it the hack is good. (Currently don't use "Retroarch" for the Vita) (the "Retropie" also uses "Retroarch", and it plays the games the vita on ps1 doesn't play well, spyro/colony wars/the resolution art packs for diablo/castlevania/alundra, virtually all the full 3D ps1 games play fine, all................games play better on the vita now, that always played well with the current updates though)

3.65 Reinstall Firmware to fix "Retroarch Problem", after you remove "enso", your only choice is to upgrade to 3.68 firmware to install a hack or "H-ENCORE", you cannot downgrade anymore back to 3.60 to install enso, since you have to install the enso hack on 3.65 while you upgraded to 3.65 firmware from 3.60.

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Shadowmoon25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is I want to stay at 3.60. I just deleted the ur0:tai/boot config.txt and when I went back to the homescreen all the hacks where gone. So I went to the browser and install Henkaku and then install Enso again and I got the same message saying failed to load kernel. I don’t want to use VitaRW, I just googled it and the first thing that was said is that is it known to brick Vitas.

Edit: and now everytime I turn on my Vita it still shows Enso but when I go to click on vitashell or Enso, it doesn’t let me because I have to launch Henkaku again, how can that be since I still have Enso. Anyways that boot_config.txt I deleted I backed it up so if anything I can put it again.

Last edited by Shadowmoon25,

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(You don't have to wipe your memory card, just use the settings option to delete the user so this memory card can be used on other vitas then power off and take out your memory card)

After you remove your memory card from the vita, you should be fine, unless you have a vita 1000 which has no internal memory and then you probably would have to wipe the memory card.......................if you don't want to use vitaRW, and stuff, then:

RISK A BRICK, install henkaku like you have, then, lower the firmware to 3.55, now try to run a game that requires higher firmware and update to 3.60..............trails in the sky 2 requires 3.60 i think. (you just do this from a game card if your not on vita 1000 after installing henkaku with memory card removed and lower your spoof firmware version, or more RISKY from a backup, which my try to connect to the internet) its your risk, but I suggest you either sell the vita for money or, try vitaRW and remove the feature page.

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Shadowmoon25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(You don't have to wipe your memory card, just use the settings option to delete the user so this memory card can be used on other vitas then power off and take out your memory card)

After you remove your memory card from the vita, you should be fine, unless you have a vita 1000 which has no internal memory and then you probably would have to wipe the memory card.......................if you don't want to use vitaRW, and stuff, then:

RISK A BRICK, install henkaku like you have, then, lower the firmware to 3.55, now try to run a game that requires higher firmware and update to 3.60..............trails in the sky 2 requires 3.60 i think. (you just do this from a game card if your not on vita 1000 after installing henkaku with memory card removed and lower your spoof firmware version, or more RISKY from a backup, which my try to connect to the internet) its your risk, but I suggest you either sell the vita for money or, try vitaRW and remove the feature page.

I have a Vita Oled, so it’s the Vita 1000. Anyways, I don’t care about losing the data in the memory card? Do I just delete everything there? Where do I go, is it in option where I click “format memory card”? Which will delete everything. And then what? Do I insert it back in? I don’t want to do anything involving downgrading which I don’t even know it’s possible or using VitaRW.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(on the vita 1000, everything is saved to memory card, once you wipe the memory card, your enso problems should be solved. In case it isn't you need to decide what level of RISK you want to take, revisit this discussion. "SETTINGS", format restore to factory defaults delete all memory, in "SETTINGS", the option to spoof firmware to lower version after you install "henkaku", using the method you used from webpage)

Shadowmoon25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(on the vita 1000, everything is saved to memory card, once you wipe the memory card, your enso problems should be solved. In case it isn't you need to decide what level of RISK you want to take, revisit this discussion. "SETTINGS", format restore to factory defaults delete all memory, in "SETTINGS", the option to spoof firmware to lower version after you install "henkaku", using the method you used from webpage)

So maybe, I should format the memory card, which deleted everything. And launch my Vita, since Enso won’t he remove, I’ll have to install Henkaku again and from that I can install vitashell, ect. I’ll see if I try that it next time I’m free.

Shadowmoon25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I just solved it, you know what the problem was. I had installed Enso that I used on my 3.65 vita. That was the damn problem. When I downloaded Enso there was only only one link and it was the one that everyone used, but I searched for the one I used when I originally hacked my 3.60 vita and installed that Enso. And wala! It works, uninstall everything, format the memory card and factory reset.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(you need a windows with 64 bit, or a spare harddrive you can put in your pc temporarily for 3.68, if you decide to upgrade your firmware, for the newer games, and its more stable, you don't have to worry about risking a brick, windows 64 bit, like windows 7, is for QCMA and psvingtools, but right now)

Right now you don't need windows 64 bit to update to 3.68 firmware for the h-encore hack since the official sony context transfer program still works since sony has not updated the firmware official, yet, but, after that you'll have to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night