granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confused?

ChaCha. It's a search engine and most interestingly, it's a new way to get quick answers to any question you might have. If you have a mobile device that supports it, you can text a question to 242242 (CHACHA) and a live ChaCha guide will answer your query within a couple of minutes (as a text message). It's useful for people who don't have time to search for answers themselves or don't have access to the internet. It's also a totally free service (except your phone carrier's texting fee). The search engine began operation back in 2006. The text messaging service started in January of this year.

Why am I telling you about this? Well, I've signed up as a search guide for the texting service and am training to become a full time searcher. If I've passed the test, I'll be accepted into the system as a full guide and can then answer queries. I chose this job for several reasons:

- I can do this at my home.
- I'm good with computers, the internet, and finding things on the internet
- I can choose WHENEVER I want to work without any sort of scheduling system. I can pop in or out whenever I want.
- Pay depends solely upon the amount of questions I answer.
- I'm pretty fast with a keyboard and navigation.

I hope I get accepted as a guide! It's a good job for me with gas prices so high. I can choose my own work schedule as well. Anyone here heard about ChaCha?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly sure it's only US. The text service only supports US mobile devices. This is the website (which I stupidly forgot to post):

https://www.chacha.com/

You can try to email the tech support and ask them about international questions (or I guess even ask a guide!).

I'm leaving for the day. I'll answer any questions or whatnot later. See ya!

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
My first question would be:
Ok, it's not international, but are they planning on expanding this in the near future?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god, I remember there was a time back yonder a year or so ago when I used to harass ChaCha employees and post the logs in my secret little forum that I went on at the time.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you harass them, they'll either report you or make fun of you. This one was particularly ticklish:

Question: "Where can I find chicks to kiss?"
Answer: "Try the local hen-house. One might even give you a peck."

biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over