I'm trying out for a job at ChaCha

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by granville, Jun 26, 2008.

1. granville
    OP

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    Confused?

ChaCha. It's a search engine and most interestingly, it's a new way to get quick answers to any question you might have. If you have a mobile device that supports it, you can text a question to 242242 (CHACHA) and a live ChaCha guide will answer your query within a couple of minutes (as a text message). It's useful for people who don't have time to search for answers themselves or don't have access to the internet. It's also a totally free service (except your phone carrier's texting fee). The search engine began operation back in 2006. The text messaging service started in January of this year.

Why am I telling you about this? Well, I've signed up as a search guide for the texting service and am training to become a full time searcher. If I've passed the test, I'll be accepted into the system as a full guide and can then answer queries. I chose this job for several reasons:

- I can do this at my home.
    - I'm good with computers, the internet, and finding things on the internet
    - I can choose WHENEVER I want to work without any sort of scheduling system. I can pop in or out whenever I want.
    - Pay depends solely upon the amount of questions I answer.
    - I'm pretty fast with a keyboard and navigation.

I hope I get accepted as a guide! It's a good job for me with gas prices so high. I can choose my own work schedule as well. Anyone here heard about ChaCha?

2. The Teej

The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

Former Staff
    Jun 27, 2004
    England
    That sounds like a job I could do very well lol. Is this international or just US?

3. granville
    OP

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    I'm fairly sure it's only US. The text service only supports US mobile devices. This is the website (which I stupidly forgot to post):

https://www.chacha.com/

You can try to email the tech support and ask them about international questions (or I guess even ask a guide!).

I'm leaving for the day. I'll answer any questions or whatnot later. See ya!

4. RayorDragonFall

RayorDragonFall I see you've played knifey-spoony before.

Mar 15, 2003
    My first question would be:
    Ok, it's not international, but are they planning on expanding this in the near future?

5. Prime

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
    Oh cool! using google and answering peoples question sounds like good fun! /sarcastic

6. martin88

martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2005
    Canada
    Fun or not, you get paid.

7. Prime

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
    true, i'd do anything for money.

and i mean anything.

8. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

May 14, 2006
    United States
    Oh god, I remember there was a time back yonder a year or so ago when I used to harass ChaCha employees and post the logs in my secret little forum that I went on at the time.

9. granville
    OP

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    If you harass them, they'll either report you or make fun of you. This one was particularly ticklish:

Question: "Where can I find chicks to kiss?"
    Answer: "Try the local hen-house. One might even give you a peck."

[​IMG]

10. Sinkhead

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

Former Staff
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond
    ChaCha sounds cool, I wish it was international [​IMG]