Hardware I'm trading in my 3DSXL console for a 2DS!

Are you trading in a 3DS for a 2DS?

• Total voters

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4PySN.jpg

I've just now noticed that warning down there. Does the 2DS somehow inflict damage upon its user? :unsure:

Reactions: Costello

sailor_moon

Let Me Sing You A Tune ♫
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did this because I had 2 3DS XLs. one was plain blue (thats the one I traded in for the 2DS) and the other is the Animal Crossing Poptart design. If you're trading it in cause you have a spare; I say go for it. if not then I most likely wouldn't.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After playing Pokemon X for the last 3 hours straight I will say that I don't have hand cramps and that was worth it for me alone.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
after reading this thread, remembering that you're the guy who got busted by Nintendo, reading your remark about you being a guy with big hands, I have to ask...

are you this guy?

39ac48acd5386b082a2da9c679f7d7fb_width_640x.png

javier10103

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one and its great, it sucks you cant fold or put it in your pocket but overall its good, i bought a carrying case to solve that :) its cheaper and imo looks better than than that fat 3ds xl and comfortable

Reactions: jagerstaffel

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dust2dust said:
On this subject, anyone ever noticed that putting the slider to off doesn't really turn off the 3D effect, but just sets it to minimum. If you tilt the screen slightly left or right, you will still get the usual blur associated with the 3D effect out of focus. Now, if you set parental controls to restrict the 3D display, and start the game in 2D (without entering the pin), bingo, no more blurs, no matter how much you tilt the screens. I tested that on my XL. I should try on the regular 3DS too.​
Not on my XL. Move the slider all the way down and 3D is absolutely off. You can test this with Zelda OOT, as the graphics actually get slightly better in 2D mode.

This. If you can't get the 3D to turn off then you're doing something wrong.

Also, if you so desire, you can set up parental controls and leave everything enabled except 3D. Then when you start up games it'll ask if you want to enter your PIN to use 3D, just hit no and it'll run in 2D regardless of the 3D slider.

I hate the 3D, it makes me dizzy and I never use it. But at the same time, the 2DS is an awful pile of garbage, the whole selling factor (for me) of the DS/3DS systems was that you could close them and put them in your pocket. Changing it to a tablet layout is just stupid.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this is lame, Club nintendo gives you 160 coins for any nintendo console except for the 2DS. You only get 100 coins for the newest console the 2DS. You also get 100 for Wii, DSi, or DSiXL.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm I thought this stupid fuck was banned from gbatemp for life.

Hell wasn't he court ordered to stay away from the internet til like his 80th birthday?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Why would anyone do that? The only upside to the 2DS is price. If you already have a 3DS XL then you are not gonna save any money by trading it in. Everything else about the 2DS is complete fail. I just don't get it.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some may prefer the ergonomics of the 2DS.

At least one poster seems to think it does 2D better than a 3DS.

It has a bigger memory card standard and better battery life than a 3DS.

The 2DS is perfectly fine in my experience. I prefer my 3DS XL because I like the 3D and bigger screens but head to head I would probably prefer the 2DS over the 3DS if the 3D effect is not important.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.