I'm tired of this laptop...

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Rock Raiyu, Jun 23, 2010.

Jun 23, 2010
  1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    I can't play games on it, it will always shut off. I've gotten it repaired barely 2 months ago, sometimes the touchpad is unresponsive and it overheats way too often. Why my cousin built this laptop (M1530) I will never know. Is there anything I can do with this? I've had it for almost 2 years, do you think they will let me trade it in? Cause this is getting very frustrating.

2. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Uh, sell it?

3. Infinite Zero

Member Infinite Zero Almost!

United States
    go to Dell and rob all their money and laptops.
    J/K

You can sell it since Dell's are piece of crap

4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Dell aren't as bad as you make out.

Dell aren't that good either.

5. al5911

Member al5911 GBAtemp Regular

Hong Kong
    I had sony vaio VGN series 3 years ago. I used it for 2 and half years. Just before I decided to sell it, it just refused to turn on. Looks like a faulty mobo.2 out of 10 tries, it will turn on. I thought I'm screwed. I decided to open the lappy up... FULLY disassembled. Even took out the processor.I done that (fully disassembly and of course put it back) almost 15 times ... yep, 15 times. And lucky me after that it fixed... just like that ...this is real ... I myself couldn't figured out what really was the problems !!I think you should try to open up your lappy and clean all the dust and check for any loose contact (esp. processor) ... just my 2 cents [​IMG]

6. I2aven's_Sag

Member I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

United States
    An XPS M1530? After a year of problems with mine (still under warranty) dell sent me an alienware m15x. The most infuriating problem that I had with mine was that it did not cool at all. When I was working on a term paper in the fall for sociology I had it charging, on top of a laptop cooler and it refused to cool down...eventually it just shut off and killed my term paper with it.

I believe when I did some research online, perhaps check notebookreview that it had a history of bad motherboards and problems associated with them. Ah, a quick google search pulls up dozens of queries into overheating related problems. I'd recommend that you sell it "as is" as well.

7. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    So you had exchanged your laptop for an alienware? Cause I'm still under warranty actually.

8. sprogurt

Member sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Clean the fans, if they're especially dusty or somebody has been smoking around them then chances are dust or tar are building up on the fans. Also make sure you don't block any air vents. When things overheat they shut off and just update the drivers for the touchpad. Hope this helps!