fuctfuct

OP
Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
Do the NES/SNES/GEN/GBA emus really run FULL speed? I'm skeptical about SNES and GBA even though i just watched some vids on youtube lol.

Side question (searching now so dont get mad
wub.gif
):
Do i need to worry about which one i get while i'm at the store or does the Pandora Battery finally solve this?

Thanks
rofl2.gif

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Snes is nowhere close to full speed. Sure, some games run at full speed, but in general, most of them don't. You gotta use frameskip to play those. NES is full speed, Genesis is full speed too (but horrible ghosting due to the screen), don't really know about GBA, but if I recall correctly, not every game was full speed.

Forgot to mention: what's truly great about the PSP is the fact that it can run almost the entire PSX library at full speed. That's why I picked up a new one after I sold mine some years ago. Totally worth it for this
smile.gif

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Every GBA game I've played on mine runs at full speed, although I don't think I've tried any with 3D graphics yet.

Not all SNES games will run full speed, but it still does a better job than the DS.

fuctfuct

OP
Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
Forgot to mention: what's truly great about the PSP is the fact that it can run almost the entire PSX library at full speed. That's why I picked up a new one after I sold mine some years ago. Totally worth it for this
smile.gif

Sick! I have a TON of PSX isos .. can you convert them or do you have to buy them from Sony?

Every GBA game I've played on mine runs at full speed, although I don't think I've tried any with 3D graphics yet.

Not all SNES games will run full speed, but it still does a better job than the DS.

That sucks about SNES
frown.gif
.. was the main reasons i wanted to buy one
wtf.gif

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've never had any slowdown with SNES emulators except when trying to do two-player. Every GBA game I've tried has also been full speed. Also, Sega CD runs full speed too
grog.gif

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, I'm sorry about SNES. I'm just telling you how it is, because I know what it's like to be disappointed. Like I said in my first post, I sold my PSP once; the reason I sold it was solely because of the SNES emulation, since I too was looking for perfect handheld SNES emulation but ended up with a SNES emulator that isn't half as good as the Xbox/PC counterparts.

If you really want good SNES emulation and are getting a PSP based on that, I wouldn't get a PSP. Also, HyoImowano mentioned he's never had slowdown. When I was trying some of my favourite SNES games, mostly RPGs, the speed was OK, not full speed, but it had horrible vsync! This means that you can see the screen scrolling every so often, which gets extremely annoying, especially if you demand (almost) perfect emulation.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, of course
tongue.gif
. Once I got my new PSP, that was one of the first things I tried. FYI, the best SNES emulator (SNES TYL) doesn't get updated any longer, only to get it to work on the slim. There's another one in development, but I doubt it'll be perfect since the devs of snes tyl already said that they've tried just about everything except a dynamic rewriting of the code (and they won't do that anymore since it wouldn't increase the speed a lot).

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best SNES emulator for the PSP right now? I haven't even bothered with SNES emulation for a few months now.

I was using SNES TYL(pretty sure), but was getting horrible slow down in a lot of games.

So what's the latest and greatest? You would think SNES emulation would be perfect on the PSP.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
SNES TYL ME (I think that's it)

I get full speed on most games except for ones with chips like SMRPG (Usually 60 fps, sometimes 30-50) and SMK and Yoshi's Island are unplayable.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, ok. I'm pretty sure it's TYL ME on my microsd. But I was getting slow down in a lot of games. Like Super Castlevania, Kamikaze, and a few others.

I was just hoping the emulator got updated in the past few months since I used it last, or a brand new one was created. Crazy the PS1 emulation is just about full speed(I haven't came across a ps1 game yet that hasn't played correctly), and SNES emulation isn't. Guess because the PS1 emu was actually made by Sony.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s