Hacking I'm taking my 3DS and DSTT through Airport security. Should I be okay?

Shawnj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm travelling from the United States to Canada with a DSTT flashcard (for my 3DS). Should I be okay leaving it in my DS, or should I try to hide it, and how? Thanks.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
they will be too busy looking for water bottles

if you are worried about the x ray thing.. their x ray can't much tell if you are bringing a normal cart or a flashcart..
also, no point in hiding it, hidding stuff may trigger false positives or some shit..
(like that old saying, the best hiding is in plain sight)

i never traveled outside europe, but within europe i never had issues with flashcarts or computers or stuff.. they just ask if i carry "big devices" for example a laptop or tablet and ask to put in a separate bin.. sometimes i even put my 3ds and the box with the cards into the separate bin, never had a problem.
carried both ds and gba flashcarts. and i remember once i even carried all my carts (20 ish) they didn't care..
and i one of thoose guys who get super nervous even if i don't do anything bad or wrong i am just nervous that they may think i am a bad guy or something
(like when you exit from a store and you pass by the security dude with no purchases)

Last edited by migles,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Was stopped at Shanghai for my 3DS in standby (with extended battery, so a large plastic base of a different color)

"What's that?"
"uh, game console"
"no problem" (since I didn't have an umbrella since allegedly it's popular to hide stuff inside when folded)

---
An original DSTT is even legal (outside of dmca) due to not having a copyrighted commercial rom as header!

Last edited by Ryccardo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.