I'm taking my 3DS and DSTT through Airport security. Should I be okay?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Shawnj, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Shawnj
    OP

Shawnj Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2017
    United States
    Los Angeles
    I'm travelling from the United States to Canada with a DSTT flashcard (for my 3DS). Should I be okay leaving it in my DS, or should I try to hide it, and how? Thanks.

2. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Yeah, I have taken my PSP, DS, 3DS, with flash carts through TSA multiple times, never once had an issue.

3. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    You'll be fine.

4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    they will be too busy looking for water bottles

if you are worried about the x ray thing.. their x ray can't much tell if you are bringing a normal cart or a flashcart..
    also, no point in hiding it, hidding stuff may trigger false positives or some shit..
    (like that old saying, the best hiding is in plain sight)

i never traveled outside europe, but within europe i never had issues with flashcarts or computers or stuff.. they just ask if i carry "big devices" for example a laptop or tablet and ask to put in a separate bin.. sometimes i even put my 3ds and the box with the cards into the separate bin, never had a problem.
    carried both ds and gba flashcarts. and i remember once i even carried all my carts (20 ish) they didn't care..
    and i one of thoose guys who get super nervous even if i don't do anything bad or wrong i am just nervous that they may think i am a bad guy or something
    (like when you exit from a store and you pass by the security dude with no purchases)

Last edited by migles, Jun 8, 2017
  5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Was stopped at Shanghai for my 3DS in standby (with extended battery, so a large plastic base of a different color)

"What's that?"
    "uh, game console"
    "no problem" (since I didn't have an umbrella since allegedly it's popular to hide stuff inside when folded)

---
    An original DSTT is even legal (outside of dmca) due to not having a copyrighted commercial rom as header!

Last edited by Ryccardo, Jun 8, 2017
  6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    They don't care. If it's not a bomb nor looks like a bomb, they don't care.