I'm surprised - M3 Zero GMP-Z003: Worked on DSi XL 1.4.1U

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Steamy, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Steamy
    OP

Newcomer Steamy Newbie

United States
    Hello, I've been using these forums for information often but I've never made an account; But today something good happened to me.
    On Christmas I got a DSi XL (obviously firmware 1.4.1U). I was very glad but then I remembered that the M3 Zero GMP-Z003 that I got a few days earlier probably wouldn't work on it, and it didn't. Now it sucked badly because I would have to be forced to abandon my Christmas present and turn to my sisters DSL again. But today my mom wanted to check out the DSi XL I got and she went on chat and chatted with my sister on hers. Oddly enough after she gave it back I went back to the main menu and I see Alex Rider Stormbreaker (I forgot the card was still in it from when I tried it last). I seriously almost went crazy, and I'm glad it works 24/7 now. I'm just confirming that I've got a M3 Zero GMP-Z003 than runs on DSi XL 1.4.1U (although it was odd how it began all of a sudden). [​IMG]

2. HeadHunt

Newcomer HeadHunt Advanced Member

Netherlands
    So it just flashed itself? Without anyone touching it...? IT'S A MIRACLE! PRAISE THE LORD! [​IMG]

3. Jaylen

Newcomer Jaylen Member

United States
    well i have one question for you...
    try to initiate sleep mode on your GMP-Z003 M3i

does it just flicker in and out of sleep mode without actually entering...

does it just shut your console completely off.

im asking this because i am wondering whether or not they have fixed that flaw in their cards...

i was maybe thinking about getting another one...

4. Steamy
    OP

Newcomer Steamy Newbie

United States
  5. Steamy
    OP

Newcomer Steamy Newbie

United States
    I'll try, one moment
    Edit: There's nothing wrong with it at all, works exactly the way it did on the DSL (which is how it is suppose to run).
    In reality it works better than the DSL (only way it would work on DSL for me is if I put it in automatic start-up) but now it shows right when I insert it into the slot.
    I might just be lucky, what do you guys think. I can make a video if you want.

6. Jaylen

Newcomer Jaylen Member

United States
    It would be greatly appreciated if you made a video
    be sure to include these things though

1. a close up of the card itself (including a backshot of its model number on the chip)
    2. where you got it from (because if you got one that doesnt do that screwy thing with sleep mode i want to get it from the same place)
    3. tests shown on both the dsi xl and the ds lite (just a basic game boot and lide close)

i would be very grateful if you did that...

7. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    supposedly the "screwy sleep mode" is a problem with specific microSD's draining too much power.
    lately i've heard a lot of people about problems with m3izero and sleep-mode, but all of those where fixed with a different microSD.