Hacking I'm stupid; I don't understand how to update to AKAIO 1.5

namtap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had AKAIO 1.4.1 for a while now, easy enough to set up. But I want to change to the latest version, and I don't understand how. I've done the Wi-fi update for the loaders, but that doesn't seem to change what version it's running. Obviously if I change the whole _aio folder, I'll lose all my saves and such. So what exactly is it that I'm supposed to do? It doesn't seem to explain that on the wiki page; it just says how to do a fresh install. I don't want to lose all my saves.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
your saves are on the micro sd not in the aio folder.

you just download it and put the new aio and other stuff there and down

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And if you're still worried you might make a stupid move, then make a new folder on your computer and put all your saves there.

I started doing that when I was messing around with unstable homebrew and my card started corrupting.

namtap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I replace the _aio folder with the new one, though, I lose all my saves. So they must be in there somewhere.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No,your saves are in the root of the card along with your DS games. When you get the new Akaio hit Start and hit System Options and hit the top right button until you get to File System Settings and change Save Ext. into .nds.sav

namtap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
you go into teh system options and change the sav e selection from .sav to nds.sav

Does nobody read the bloody changelog?

Sorry to spoil your 'being an ass' parade, but I did read through the readme and changelog, and neither said anything about that. I just even opened both and Cmd+F'd them to make sure I hadn't overlooked them. I didn't.

But thanks to the person above you, in any case.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...AIO#Quick_Guide

Code:
[edit] Quick Guide
1.Format the microSD with the Panasonic formatter. 
2.Download the current version of AKAIO 
3.Unzip the file and put the _aio* folder and akmenu4.nds at the Root (base) of your microSD card 
4.Insert the microSD card firmly in a non-spring loaded (new shell) ak2.1 and ak2i. If your microSD slot is spring loaded make sure it "clicks." 
5.Insert the Acekard firmly into your NDS, again make sure it clicks. 
6.Boot up the NDS, select the Acekard from the firmware Slot-1 selection box, and enjoy 
*Please note that the _aio folder is hidden by default in the globalsettings.ini, do not place homebrew or roms in this folder you will not be able to access them. You can however set the GUI to display all hidden files and folders. The recommended method is to place your files into folders in Root. Never place a file you want to access in the _aio folder.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0