I'm still using bootmii beta1, is there any reason to update?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Shinigami Kiba, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Member Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    I'm very reluctant when it comes to updating stuff like this, I wait until I absolutely have to or until it's completely safe to update, for example I waited until bootmii came out to finally break down and update to 4.0 from 3.2, so I'm exceptionally careful when it comes to this stuff.

What I need to know now is, are there any new and important features or bug fixes in bootmii beta2 or should I just stick to beta1 for now since everything works flawlessly for me including HBC with SDHC cards.

2. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Nope, nothing important. It loads a bit faster so I'm told, but beta 1 loads plenty fast for me (I have a fast SD card anyway), and I believe this is the only useful change. When beta 2 was released, I read too many posts from people having trouble with it to bother trying it myself just for 2 seconds less load time. I'd say check out the changelog on Bootmii.org, or the readme in the beta2 release, but neither seem to have any information. Beta 1 is just fine if you all you need is reliable brick protection.

3. Chemodile

Newcomer Chemodile Advanced Member

United States
    It's faster (not just the initial load, but NAND backup and restore as well) and can now be safely uninstalled. Other than that I suppose you don't really need it if .1 works for you, but it's not an exceptionally difficult or unsafe install either.

4. bdr9

Member bdr9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It can now be safely uninstalled? How?

5. olliepop2000

Member olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Running the hackmii installer again and selecting the option to.

6. bytor

Member bytor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I noticed a significant increase in time to start the machine. Had a really slow SD card so used to take around 15 seconds to start lol. If you're happy with the time it takes to start and make a NAND backup then I'd say don't worry about it. Only made a big difference to me because I bought a cheap as chips SD card from a computer fair. [​IMG]

7. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Member Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    thanks guys, it's not for me then. My bootmii loads up really fast and even if it's not as fast as bootmii beta 2 may be I doesn't bother me in the slightest, stuff like that doesn't really mean anything to me, faster NAND Backup isn't that big a deal for me either, the speed it writes at now seems good to me, plus I think the slower these things are the less the chances of something going wrong during the writing process are.

Thanks for the info, I'll wait until something real significant is added to bootmii or if some serious bug has been fixed and discovered to update, for now I'm more than happy with my setup.