Gaming I'm starting to regret buying this cheap DSi XL

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another update. I got super lucky on ebay and found a listing for a working and good condition DSi XL that I thought, "can't hurt to try and bid". Got it for cheap because it closed in the middle of the night. Arrived a few days ago and unlike the previous one, ACTUALLY holds a battery charge.

So now I'm going to actually sell my old faulty one. What is a decent price to ask for it? It has had the bottom touch screen replaced, the condition on the plate around the buttons are worn and it only really works when you plug it into a power charger which means the portability is crippled. I know I'll never get top bucks for this but I thought it can't hurt to check what's the best asking price.

Just set it as a Bid auction and describe it in detail so people know its condition. Don't be half truthful, like the seller you bought it from. From what you described, I wouldn't buy it for more than 15 bucks, but that's just me.

Edit: Wonderful listing; so thorough. :)

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really, it's not "making your problem somebody else's" if you're listing it as damaged. If you're listing it as damaged then the buyer should be aware he is buying a damaged unit, ergo not a problem. It only becomes a problem if the buyer wasn't expecting it to be damaged.
Its a problem because its a device I can't use without putting in time, effort, or money that I don't want to invest. The alternative to selling is to let it collect dust on a shelf as it's increasing irrelevance makes it worthless.

So how about it? Wanna but a water damaged HTC Evo 3D? $30. The extra battery alone is still worth atleast $15.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
That's not a problem if all I'm buying it for is the spare battery. If I'm *buying* something that is listed as *broken* then it's not a problem because I *knew* about it. It's only a problem when you buy something listed as fully functional and it turns out to be broken.

There's no point in arguing here. At least 3 people read what you said and thought you were being a d**k. That's enough to make you stop and think "ah yea, maybe I worded that badly", and use it as experience to better communicate in the future. Or you can just continue to argue the toss and never improve yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.