Hardware I'm so scared, i don't kno how to...

PrinceIcee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm always really scared when i think about modding my wii when i install the wiikey if i buy it, and then when i hear about the 3.0U update and nintendo being able to brick ur system, i get scared shitless..

can anyone tell me if the wiikey can get past these problems?

and is it also COMPLETELY safe to install a wiikey.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modchips are detecable, if thats what you asking.
go to wiili.org and search drivechip detection for info on how it is detected.
For some reason, I dislike wii pirates, but not ds pirates.
So, I hope you brick your system you thief.

PrinceIcee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes im not the professional wii opener. thats why im scared. a component might come loose and ill nvr play wii again

CodeXero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm always really scared when i think about modding my wii when i install the wiikey if i buy it, and then when i hear about the 3.0U update and nintendo being able to brick ur system, i get scared shitless..

"COMPLETELY safe"

how should we know, the fact of the matter is that all we can say is that its relatively safe and nothing has happened of yet. no guts no glory, if your scared then forget about it. its like you think $250 is the end of the world or something. if it is dont mod it.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

it's the risk you take for wanting to play free games. no need to be so scared

link459

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, up to this point, the updates don't effect the Wiikey in any way besides making the config disc stop working, and that disc is useless anyway, so whatever.

NeXsus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If nintendo really wanted to ban existing modchips owners they would have done so already ( I own several legit games and VC games rock ) so what do they do instead, cut pins and create unmoddable chipsets ( for now ) and scare tactics in firmware updates to terrorize little paranoid Gerold about playing his bootleg copy of Naruto... If you cant take the heat get outta the kitchen, or wait in line at walmart for your copy of *

my two cents
grog.gif

salad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just go get it done by a pro or something, if you want it. The extra buck they charge is easily worth it, tbh.

Also, you won't brick your Wii by just opening it. No really, the most you can do is forget to reconnect a few cables when putting it back together. Which is sort of not necessary as the only reason you'd want to open your own Wii would be to either find out what kind of drivechip you have or mod it yourself, which by the way you're speaking, is probably something out of the question.

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last I checked, is that Drive mods such as Wiikey cannot be detected. It really depends on what KIND of mod your chip is. There are different kinds such as firmware mods, drive mods, etc.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That fear is the price you pay for stealing wii games if you do it. Going to have to side there with paul. I know it makes not much sense, but I guess perhaps it's not liking to see them get pirated stupid when the finally have a system that's making headway for the first time in over 10 years. Happy bricking! If not now, eventually when some update flies though you'll need for the system or is sneakily put on through a game.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If nintendo really wanted to ban existing modchips owners they would have done so already ( I own several legit games and VC games rock ) so what do they do instead, cut pins and create unmoddable chipsets ( for now ) and scare tactics in firmware updates to terrorize little paranoid Gerold about playing his bootleg copy of Naruto... If you cant take the heat get outta the kitchen, or wait in line at walmart for your copy of *

my two cents
grog.gif

Because the homebrew and piracy underground are part of their business. Were they to completely eliminate modchips and such then they would lose a certain fanbase.

[on-topic] If you're not good with soldering then you should hace someone else do it for you, someone with some electronic experience. It's easy if you know what you're doing. Nothing involving soldering something onto an expensive piece of electronics is "Completely Safe." Either grow a pair or have someone else do it for you, preferably a pro.

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
For some reason, I dislike wii pirates, but not ds pirates.
So, I hope you brick your system you thief.

I dislike ds pirates who think they are hot shit because they can download a ROM and put it on a card. My 8 year old sister has a pink DS and a knows how to use a USB flash drive, even she could be in the "DS scene"

anyway....
Most of the modding scene deals with soldering, if you can't be bothered to replace your Christmas present from the 'rents then I'd say it's not worth the risk to do it yourself.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
I dunno if you were trying to be funny but my wii's been chipped for ages and the lazer is better than ever.. well maybe not better but you know what i mean

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night