Im so confused with the stuff about X-Link Kai

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by dgwillia, Aug 11, 2008.

1. dgwillia
    OP

dgwillia The Bacon Lover

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    Columbia Station, Ohio
    First of all, would a Westell 327w Router work with it?(yes it has wifi) And, if it does work, is it a simple download and install (if not link to the instructions). Sorry for asking here, the way X-link set it up its so hard to find the right info.

2. pepsibluehawk87

pepsibluehawk87 GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2008
    United States
    Everywhere yet nowhere
    If you have a wifi router, then why do you need the Xlink?

3. dgwillia
    OP

dgwillia The Bacon Lover

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    Columbia Station, Ohio
    X Link is for games that dont have infrastructure, stuff like monster hunter freedom, and street fighter, etc. And it works on Gamecube/Ps3/360/Xbox LAN games, but nvm i figured it out last night

4. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    hmm well i don't get it as well

only thing i understand is that it won't work with a w-lan router because you need to connect to your computer not the router

5. Jiggah

Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 9, 2002
    United States
    It'll work with certain routers, but you'll not have wireless internet access at that point because it'll be in adhoc mode.

PSP ==> Wifi router (Adhoc mode) ==> Internet

For a computer, you need a way to connect to the internet and a way to connect to the PSP. Basically, you can just think about it like the Nintendo Wifi stick. A way to connect to the computer and then the computer out to the internet.

PSP ==> Wifi adapter (Adhoc mode) ==> Computer (Either using ANOTHER wifi card or through the ethernet) ==> Internet

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice