Misc I'm so confused about Wiimmfi and USB Loader GX

Yar2084

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

right, I know how to use Wiimmfi through Homebrew menu with actual discs. I've been told that you can use Wiimmfi through USB Loader GX and that I'll need to patch the game, but I don't know any more than that. Do I go through USB Loader GX's settings and tell it to go to the server address or something?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you use USBLoaderGX, you don't need to patch the ISO manually.
go to the settings > loader's settings > private server : Wiimmfi
that's all. all your games will be patched to use the server at launch, from memory. no permanent change is done to the ISO.

That will work fine with most games.
But Mario kart has additional patches that USBLoaderGX can't patch : some text displayed on screen (replacing nintendo name with wiimmfi name, etc.), and probably the most useful thing : editing the match making algorithm to encounter worldwide players from any difficulties, instead of using the original algo from nintendo.

Using USBLoaderGX works fine with mario kart, you still can play online and meet random users, you will just not have the "full" wiimmfi patch applied, just the server redirection.
if you want the full patch for mario kart, you will have to patch your ISO manually on your computer.

Yar2084

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so, I do have Wiimmfi installed on my wii, will I still need to patch the iso fully.

Just so I understand though, I can go online using USBLGX without patching the individual game, it just misses some things?

Also, many thanks Cyan, glad to see you're still here.

Yar2084

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recommend my patcher if you are using a USB-Loader.
The built-in patcher don't patch parts needed for ghost exchange and competitions.

I use your patcher if I'm playing a disc, i dont know if that operates any different to having to patch the ISO? That said, I have no PC at the minute so patching games is kinda difficult, unless I can do it on android?

However, I've been enjoying many games of MK and Smash thanks to Wiimmfi and USBLGX

B451CW11M0DD3R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't think you can do it on android since you need to download a ISO patcher and it has .bat files and I don't think android can run those but when you get a computer use this and follow MrBean's guide to make ISO's play online :P

( SKIP TO AROUND 8:00 SINCE BEHIND THAT IS FOR DISC's

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need an offline ISO patcher for USB Loader GX unless you want to use the Mario Kart competitions and ghost data as far as I know. You can just turn on the private server patch option and select Wiimmfi. It doesn't work with Virtual Console emulation, though. I'm working on trying to fix the VC patching.

Reactions: Tarmfot and Cyan

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Wiimmfli is amazing. I haven't tried it myself yet because I found out it's 95% (or so) Mario Kart players but it would be good to play more of the Last Story multiplayer, Battalion Wars etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE