I'm sick of the DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Diosoth, Apr 4, 2009.

Apr 4, 2009

I'm sick of the DS by Diosoth at 9:12 AM (2,068 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. Diosoth
    OP

Member Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sad.

I've played through all the games I liked already. I have an Acekard 2 and access to every game, and I just don't want to play them. I try loading up some new game and I get bored with it after 10 minutes.

I download the new RPGs even though I know I'll never play them. RPGs have no variety to them. Just redress the same plot points and recolor the same ladyboy silent hero and you have a new game.

FPS on DS is lame. It's a genre best done on PC.

I hated the forced stylus movement in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks will no doubt force it on us AGAIN.

Sonic Chronicles was supposed to be promising, until I realized what an abysmal, lazy company Bioware really is. After 10 minues I wished the company would sufer due to the bad economy. Boring gameplay, awful sound quality, the story is garbage and I'm fairly sure the dialog was written by retarded kids. No intelligent person would write characters THAT stupid.

I could wait for a dump of Giana Sisters DS but I get the feeling I'll beat it in 2 hours and be done with it.

GTA: Chinatown Wars also wore on me. More of the same. In fact, it seems too easy to me. Only game I really like in the franchise is Vice City(well, I WOULD have liked GTA3 but the PC version runs like mud), but Tommy Vercetti was an actual character and not some unlikeable stereotype.

Nothing's coming out that I care about. I swear there are more games about horses and pets on the DS than any system would ever need.

I found emulation to be a waste simply because the native screen resolution is too small for the old systems. Some of the homebrew is nice but none of it makes me want to turn the console on. Seriously, this thing has sat mostly unused for a month now, if I can even call the brief play bits "using it". But if I sell it I'll start to miss it. Maybe. I went through the same with a modded PSP and didn't regret selling that off.

Only thing, if I list on Craigslist(I'd rather bust it with a hammer than sell it to a used game outlet. If someone's going to sell it for $90 or more it'll be ME!), what price should I aim for? The Acekard would have to go with it... but I'd be unwilling to part with an 8 GB Micro SD... maybe part with one of the crappy 2 GB sticks... $120? Maybe... only I'd probably put the money to buy more junk I'd ignore.

2. enarky

Member enarky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

tl;dr, get a life.

3. wildfire95

Member wildfire95 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Look.
    Why bother posting your issues to people who obv like the NDS. Your asking for attention and arguement.

We like the NDS, you dont. Simple as, no need to tell the world.
    Post it to people who care ~
    SECTION REMOVED

4. manobon

Member manobon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ehh, I don't know- it's not like Everything s/he said was entirely false though, you know? I mean, it really does seem like there's yet another RPG/SRPG every week (and yet so few action-rpgs!), and they're obviously not his cup of tea. There Are more horses and dogs and various pet games on this system than others right now. Forced stylus Only gameplay Is annoying- Starfox! (though I thought Zelda incorporated it perfectly, despite my initial hesitation). FPS' are decent, but they look Ugly on the DS and they can't give too many enemies at once (also, I kind of hated Metroid for it not being Samus-versus-crazy-Giant-creatures, and instead having "bounty hunter who happens to use Samus weapons, the game"- even though she Is a bounty hunter, I know!).

Furthermore, s/he did have a question regarding how much he should sell his used DSL- I think you might be pushing it with $120, even though you're including an Acekard and 2 GB microsd...look at similar listings, and take into account how long you have used it (which you should include in the listing) and the loose-ness of buttons, etc (I'm guessing, unless everything is 'Actually like brand new', you should sell everything for $90-$100 Max). People have access to the internets, and if they even know what you're referring to (Acekard in particular), they're probably going to try to find a better deal (e.g., used DSL from some kids' parents selling it on ebay for $75 w/free shipping, plus blah blah blah). Like I said though, check similar listings and work it out.

Most importantly though- this is a forum about the DS- whether or not it's about complaining about it or praising it shouldn't matter that much right? I mean, that's why it's a Forum. No one had to insult him/her- I've seen threads complaining about games, shovelware, features of the DS- s/he just happened to have similar feelings, which lead him/her to the conclusion that- "nope, this just isn't for me anymore". Then the user shared that with people, probably hoping to discuss it with like-minded individuals (or otherwise!), because it's a Forum.

I can say that I've felt that way at times, but then I really get invested in some games or just the gameplay: FF CC Echoes surprised me- even the managing several characters during battle doesn't seem as annoying as reviewers stated; Castlevania Really drew me in (though that's probably more due to the franchise); I find myself still struggling to beat (while enjoying) Pac-Pix! The Mario games, Henry Hatsworth...ugh, yeah, I (and other "DSLovers") can go on.

This person happened to Not be able to go on and on anymore- no need to be a jerk.

5. Joey Ravn

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    Yes, because the TC wasn't ranting at all; w/e.

6. wildfire95

Member wildfire95 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Urgh.
    Sorry about my post people.

>> I wokeup just before posting it.. never again xD But going to a school full of kids who adore football whilst im sitting there playing Pokemon.. you gotta get used to people saying the NDS is shite.

7. Kingfield

Member Kingfield GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I'll buy it [​IMG]

8. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    I lol'd...hard.

9. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    I think you should eat it. Obviously you'd have to break it into very small pieces and only swallow a few of these pieces each day. You could film it and play it back very fast making it look like you ate it quickly. Then put it on YouTube.

Just think, you could be this years 'Numa Numa' guy.

10. erik419

Newcomer erik419 Advanced Member

United States
    Wow i only played a DS once and it was fun now i am getting my own and so excited to try out games, i have a huge list of games and all the roms bookmarked lol

11. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    send it to me. i'll be happy to talk it off ur hands. my L button is a bit busted (from playing those "lame" FPS) [​IMG]

12. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    If you really feel that way, just gimme your acekard2 and start buying games
    that'll help both of us [​IMG]

just kidding
    I have that feeling myself sometimes

13. JDMEVOIXMR

Member JDMEVOIXMR GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Looks like only the fanboys are making insults. Mainly I use my DS as an mp3 player, and I agree with the OP about the RPGs...that shit is like chess, i get so tired of it, there's no action.

14. The_JetSetBeat

Member The_JetSetBeat GBAtemp Regular

United States
    GBATemp =/= your blog. [​IMG]

15. Diosoth
    OP

Member Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Go mother fuck yourself then if you don't fucking like it.

GBATEMP =/= a useful website

16. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    send it to the FBI

make sure you press your fingerprints on it real hard

17. Whodaimen

Newcomer Whodaimen Member

United States
    What kind of spoiled twat are you? Break something valuable rather than sell it simply because you don't like it anymore? Are you fourteen? Did your parents purchase it for you? Do you have ANY sense of value OUTSIDE of your intrinsic definition?

If you don't like the system, sell it. You could have summarized ALL your point in LESS than a paragraph.

Sell it online. The end.

Oh, and in 20 years, regret the hell I'm sure you put your parents through, dick.

18. uberusmaximus

Newcomer uberusmaximus Advanced Member

United States
    he said he'd rather smash it than resell it to a store, because a store like gamestop would probably give him like $15. barley anything. it's a sarcastic remark. he wouldnt actually smash it...

19. Sebastian25

Member Sebastian25 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    aww the sad tale of a dead beat pirate... boo hoo.

20. monaug5

Member monaug5 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I will buy it from you!